2013 subaru outback sunroof problems

Overall I love this vehicle! Safety! Before you apply the tape, use Windex to thoroughly clean the area to allow for good adhesion. Please go back to portrait mode for the best experience, Find a used Subaru Outback for under $4900, Buy a new Subaru Outback for sale starting from $24557, 2013 Subaru Outback Exclusive Interior and Exterior Pictures. It is great! According to Car Complaints, another site dedicated to customer feedback, the worst problem of the Subaru Outback is excessive oil consumption. Theodore Z., TN (2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i 2.5-L 4 Cyl) "12v plug . 2013 Subaru Outback water leak . Subaru the ultimate car for those who care. If this costs more than $500 to fix this time were scrapping the Subaru and going back to CR-V!!. case,when this happens the heater case will fill with water then drip onto passenger floor.To check if either are the problem we can try two simple things, to check if evap drain is . Stopping the pesky and elusive Subaru Outback interior cabin rainwater leaks. What Owners Say. Can anyone help? Owners have reported having to change the battery numerous times in a fairly short period of time bear in mind the average car battery is expected to last about 3 to 4 years. The failure mileage was 11,483. 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5I. Bit off topic, but my 13 Legacy Limited just had to have the sunroof workings replaced at 10 months and 10K miles. The moon roof and seat heaters are great. 2007 honda accord vti-l power seat / facelift / 1 owner. 1) Jack it up and make sure your lugs are tightened. Service manager said they've been having quite a few problems with these sunroofs and many complete replacements, like mine. It is a smooth, comfortable ride. Once surface water has drained away, open up the sunroof and visually inspect the area. The car eats oil. Easy fix to a leak from sunroof that I have to find the issue my and zero cost to fix , self the same with transmission problem ( they diagnostic with $ 1500 plus I fixed with $150 , compass . The rear shade opened and closed all the way with the glass, but I still couldn't move it by hand when closed. Several owners reported problems with sunroof binding or not opening (closing) all the way. Umm, is there frozen water blocking proper operation? Yes, the 2011 Subaru Outback common problems can make a long list. Nothing hit my window on the drive to work. I'm sad to say that my front moon roof has seemed to have broken today while I was washing the car. It's amazing in the cold weather and I'm excited for my soon to be driving kids to have a safe car. I have not had it fail on me or have any problems. I have had my Subaru outback for a few years now. I will note that the lights are a pain to change. See 5 limited gets me to work on time at my hospital job in any weather in the hills of upstate New York. . See Problems / Subaru / Outback / 2013; 2013 Subaru Outback Problems. Needed good rear legroom, heated rear seats, and adaptive headlights. The sound system is mediocre. The car is super comfortable and easy to drive and it has nice features to it that make the drive so much better. Does anybody feel the 13+ was rushed or perhaps they skimped in certain areas? Runs smooth and sturdy. Yes. . The fourth generation of the Subaru Outback was introduced for the 2010 model year, and replaced by the fifth generation in 2015. Mileage is now at 125k and the problem is happening again. This was the only vehicle we had ever bought brand new off the assembly line. It never needs anything other than regular maintenance. One of the few places w We don't support landscape mode yet. I've certainly found that to be the case, particularly compared to our other car (Honda Fit) and the car the Outback replaced (Mazda5), which would answer your #3. statistics and reliability analysis of Subaru Outback based on all problems reported for the Outback. In that time I have replaced tie rods and of course brakes, and also the compressor for the air conditioner. Finally, we like the all wheel drive that is standard in all Subaru vehicles. Now I am paying the price for lack of maintenance on my part. 7 miles and was parked at the the time the crack appeared. He brings a wealth of knowledge to Vehicle History as our Staff Writer and has written hundreds of used car reviews helping buyers make informed purchasing decisions. It is really reliable besides that. The vehicle was driven to the dealer, but was not repaired. Two things to keep in mind when inserting a weedwhacker trimmer line into the drain hose: Once both drain holes are clear, close the sunroof and pour about 3 glasses water on each side of the sunroof. Diagnosing and fixing the issue costs between $100 and $1,200 depending on the source. It burns oil, has had a rod knock for 3 years, electrical issues it, plastic bumper pops off easily, and hard to change light bulbs. Especially since it tends to eat up oil faster than most vehicles. Dealer Doc Fee is $495. We have always experienced an issue with oil consumption but were past the designated mileage in the class action agreement before Subaru acknowledged the issue so we live with a quart of oil in the back. I tried yesterday and it hard difficulties to open. Sometimes when this is occuring, chk eng light comes on. Strong performing vehicle, great for travel and recreational activities. 2012: Standard Bluetooth and optional 9-speaker Harmon Kardon stereo added. They seem to be being built to fast and not really built well. You Save: $ 72.62. This car is perfect. Great article Kevin. Like how it handles in the snow. Its an awesome little car. It comes well appointed, is exceptionally clean, and has undergone a rigorous mechanical and cosmetic reconditioning process. I am constantly having to add oil. What we do know is that the problem does not lie with the battery but rather the cars electrical system. 2014 Subaru Outback. I will keep my Subaru until I absolutely cannot. 2013 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited Sedan 4D. There were no injuries. It does not get the gas mileage which Subaru promises. Average repair cost is $6,500 at 113,350 miles. The 13 CRV is quieter than my 02 CRV was. Common Subaru Outback . If you observe a slow drain, you may have to resort to inserting a weedwhacker string to push out any debris inside the hose. We research hundreds of models each My brother is on his fourth Subaru, including an '11 Outback. Technology is very good for a midsize SUV from 2013 with standard Bluetooth connectivity and some high-fidelity stereo upgrades available. JavaScript is disabled. Consumer Reports rankings detailed below is based on the models newest three years, the Subaru Outback sits at the top of the list, with a perfect score of 100/100. There have been many instances where owners have been left stranded due to a flat battery, and in most cases the battery seems just die without any prior warning. But wish it would be electric. Fuel costs are $49/month cheaper than average at around $186/month. Reliability ratings are very good, with no major mechanical problems.Avoid models from 2013-2014 with engine problems, 2015 and newer are a better choice. The entire motor and track was shotand I barely use it. The main problem is that if the car detects another car directly in front of you, the system will sometimes deploy even if the vehicle is not in the same lane as you. The seal replacement is a more in-depth project so I am going to keep a close eye on the leak for now. I have had no issues with the vehicle in the 3 years I have owned it. Out here where I live I get to drive limited or no maintenance roads daily. Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium 2018 Beautiful car to drive. After about 6000 miles on it, I'm starting to notice quite few issues and wanted to check if it's common for this model or it's just lucky me getting a faulty car. The 2013 Subaru Outbackis worth the $23,295 it asks for, offering good featuresand versatility. Although I usually park my Outback in the garage, I was fixing my leaf blower so it was left in my driveway overnight. If the inflator explodes, metal chippings can fly toward the occupants and cause injury or even death. Also great at night. I will use your information in the future. . I think my 10 is quiet and the carpet seems thicker than that on the 13 and the seat fabric is cheaper in the 13. Vehicle History's team of automotive experts brings you the most accurate and up-to-date used car information. Overall, a reliable car. Sunroof window probably never opened by the owner. It is a very roomy car, perfect for me and my family, especially on road trips. The 2013 Subaru Outback has 424 problems & defects reported by Outback owners. In 1972 Kuala Lumpur was designated a municipality, and in . Works great for my dogs to be in the back. 2013 Subaru Outback Exclusive Interior and Exterior Pictures | View latest Pictures. The vehicle was less than 4 months old and had driven 5732. The only other thing I am not a fan of is when it is windy, the sunroof plastic vendor thing makes a terrible loud noise. I like the cruise control. The most recently reported issues are listed below. I had the same issue with my Australian 2001 Outback and had looked at it a few times, but never had time to get stuck in. It is a great vehicle, very reliable, lots of room, all wheel drive. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and the contact was awaiting a response. Much like rain a gutter system on a house, the channel between the two drain holes direct water to either side (foam piece in the middle acts as a divider to shorten the traveling distance) to expel water down the hose. Used 2013 Subaru Outback Prices. If the battery dies, it will need to be replaced most of the time at the expense of the owner. Performance is better in the Subaru Forester with more nimble handling, however, the Subaru Outback has more passenger space. You should really push to have this covered under warranty, always ask to speak to senior management if you feel like youre not getting anywhere with the person your dealing with. These roads are little more than paths and dirt through the badlands. After reading everything I suspect the drain lines might be blushed at the fender exits as ice from the wheels accumulates there all the time. . See Learn More #2: Transmission Failure 2013 Outback Because two front drain tubes are most susceptible to being clogged, cleaning them seems to resolve the leaking issue. Can you describe where to find the drain discharge points so I can send a string line in from below. That meant if we made a left turn, water would drip from the passenger side A-pillar. As I was out there trying to get a good video of the issues, the rear sunroof started working, but ONLY when I forced the forward glass up. I've had BMW's and went back to Subarus because Subarus don't break down. It's a great car and built well. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. The interior finish is classy with leather seats and premium audio. This could be the reason for a diminishing number of users compared to the previous years. While driving approximately 65 mph, the contact heard a loud noise and the sun roof shattered without warning. It is good in the snow and really helps the people inside feel safe. The car goes through bulbs like crazy! You will love it. This happens mostly when Im driving using my GPS and plugged into my iPhone. If not addressed immediately, this can damage the head gasket. Our list of 4 known complaints reported by owners can help you fix your 2013 Subaru Outback. Had issue with some connection. If youre considering one as your next vehicle or youre just doing some research, this article will cover the Outbacks most common problems. California consumers may exercise their CCPA rights here. The contact expressed frustration because the recall notice informed her that she would have her vehicle back on the same day. I live on a dirt road and the outback is perfect for all weather. We were short on time so we decided to place a small towel underneath the dripping spot and while we did errands. Have not had so much as a flat tire with the vehicle since its purchase over a year ago. The Toyota RAV4 is another SUV which costs about $3,000 more. My Subaru outback is outstanding, it has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever purchased. This is the worst and probably 85% repeatable on lightly bumpy roads around 25-30MPH. Seats are heated which is great for WI winters. Only problem is that it pushed the right a little. I'd get the alignment checked, though. This can lead to the vehicle rolling away, increasing the risk of a crash. It has okay gas mileage. It has not let us down. The sunroof was never used. The vehicle was pulled over to the side of the road. It has pretty good braking and acceleration. What Do Owners Like and Dislike About the Subaru Outback? The worst complaints are engine, transmission, and electrical problems. It seems to be worse when the moonroof shade is open. Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo, http://i596.photobucket.com/albums/tt46/cpyne/ziptie.jpg, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 600, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. I went for a 2013 model that was previously on a lease. 2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium review 5.0. Problems / Subaru / Outback / 2016; 2016 Subaru Outback Problems. It is fuel efficient and is easy to handle. I love it though it is great in all types of weather. As far as removing the water stains are concerned, gently run the area with a Clorox sheet (the same one I used to clean the outside dirt) and let it dry out. Retail Price: $ 253.90. It has excellent acceleration. HAVE A TRADE IN?NO PROBLEM! Thehead gasketserves as a seal between the engine block and cylinder head thereby stopping engine fluid leaks and pressure losses. Depreciation is similar to average, losing about 10% of its current value per year. Great car. ; Safety scores are excellent, earning a perfect 5-star rating in government . The 2011 Outback lasts up to 300,000 miles with headlight and rare transmission issues. During a rainstorm, water entered the vehicle through the sun roof and drenched the cabin. Road noise is very loud. Research, browse, save, and share from 21 Outback models in Manchester, NH. It is also a great family car and useful for hauling the family around. I can carry my two teenage boys and all their football & hockey gear with ease and hardly need to stop at the gas station. They offer the Subaru Outback for the compact SUV segment that has managed to sell over 118,000 units in 2013. all problems of the 2012 Subaru Outback The Subaru outback is a great car to travel in. How to remove and replace a headliner on a 2009 Subaru Outback Part 1. Back seats are easy to fold down to fit larger items. Owners have reported spontaneous cracks and chips in their windshields appearing seemingly out of nowhere. I have no dome lights and dash lights blink. Replaced torque convertor for $1200. It is a great family car. The contact owns a 2012 Subaru Outback. Check the fit. ; Fuel economy is great at up to 28 MPG combined. The sunroof gasket was binding in the middle as it tried to duck below the roof before sliding back. I absolutely love my Subaru. All the extras, like seat warmers, back window wipers, puddle lights, My husband says changing the oil is so easy . The approximate failure mileage was 17,000. We don't sell/share your email. You could hear a variety of noises if your torque converter has gone bad, including whining and even when the car is in park. For more information on how we collect and use this information, please review our Privacy Policy. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. It gets me everywhere I need to go. Its a popular choice thanks to its ruggedness and is equipped to handle everything from offroad adventures to daily errands. It's likely the wires or other connections above the headliner. It is comfortable to sit in. According to Car Edge, a Subaru Outback will depreciate 24% after 5 years and have a 5 year resale value of $29,212. Back; Crash Tests 2; . It is easy to clean and I would recommend it to a friend or family for purchase and use with their family and friends. See Put water down passenger side, and still had leak. Dealers will replace the passenger airbag inflator. My IP seems a better quality than the 13 (base or premium). problems related to sun roof (under the visibility category). Mar 17, 2022. #1 sounds like an unbalanced or out of round tire. Subaru outback- reliable, economical car. The failure occurred because a drain tube on the sun roof became clogged and caused the water to back up and enter the vehicle. He also told me that this would have been a $1200-$1400 repair out of warrantly. The approximate failure mileage was 18,000. My heart sank because my immediate thought was that either my windshield or sunroof was compromised and I was potentially looking at thousands of dollars in repair cost after just spending a good chunk of money for my 60k service. Close. With the faulty electrical system, malfunctioning powertrain, defective structure . Some SUVs that compete against the 2013 Subaru outback are the Honda CR-V, the Ford Escape, and the Mazda CX-5. The only challenge I have had recently is that the weather seal on the truck deck isn't working correctly, and water is coming into the car after rain storms. CVT is slower to go from D to R and R to D thats the nature of the beast. . My 2012 Outback had sprung a roof leak in heavy weather, but now all is fixed Subaru did so at their expense, then it was the airbag replacement, after that it was a watch on the transmission and parking brake. Very cost efficient. It is reliable, gets good mileage and can carry a lot of people and many things. Unsubscribe any time. 12V power plug. There are five models of the Outback available for 2013, including the base 2.5i all the way up to the powerful and luxurious 3.6R Limited. Throughout its history the Outback has has some problems with its airbags. I really appreciate all of the time you spent putting this together. The all wheel drive helps me commute with confidence all winter. My great Subaru is perfect for young drivers who like being active. Are inconveniences that I do not have to worry about because I drive my beloved Subaru outback. The only problem, I would say, is that it tends to need an oil change more often than I would like. Just need some renovations like the print and color of it is kind of faded and a have a little scratch both sides and I need to have a new one in the future if I can. I have no complaints. Moved to correct forum and title changed to reflect the issue at hand. 2021 Subaru Outback. 2005 Subaru Outback Problems. The Infotainment System display in my 2020 Outback Limited XT periodically just goes dark (blank). I feel safe putting my daughter in this car. There have been a number of complaints from Subaru Outback owners who have experienced premature failure of the transmission. Reliability is great, runs great in the rain and snow. Sunroof window probably never opened by the owner. The total registered complaints about the car stand at 254, while the recalls on the Outback are 12. I do not like the CVT although we haven't had issues with it other than some brief hesitation when starting from a stop. It has more than enough storage space. Most 2011 Subaru Outback issues were related to transmission, engine, electrical system, accessories and interiors, light, suspension, heat, cooling, fuel features, and windows. MSRP $23,495 - $32,095 Est. This particular car has had a persistent issue with rainwater leaking into the . Related: How Long Do Subaru Outbacks Last? 2014 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited Edition Venetian Red Pearl, 2011 OB 2.5i Prem CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl. I love my Subaru! Great for long trips with my dogs. My vehicle is awesome. In some cases, one of the belt pulleys may need to be replaced too. If the shaft becomes disengaged, the driver would lose the ability to steer the vehicle. CarComplaints.com is an online automotive complaint resource that uses graphs to show automotive defect patterns, based on complaint data submitted by visitors to the site. $17,998* 78K mi. I haven't had many problems with it and love how spacious it is! We don't have no recall like this problem. It allows me to haul all sorts of things around when I am working on improvement projects and my dogs go for rides regularly. I had an airbag recall that was swiftly fixed by the manufacturer. Used Weed eater line,.155 in diameter. To see if your Subaru has been recalled, you can run a VIN check on the NHTSA website or use Subarus VIN lookup tool. It is reliable. But I could not find the drain even looking at the Subaru service bulletin. Dome light - I tried padding the lens cover with some adhesive foam, but it did not help. It is sporty and fun, good for the family and for adventures. The contact owns a 2012 Subaru Outback. Yes, it is pretty ugly to drive around with it but during heavy rain, it managed to keep the water out. I'm not impressed with the sun roof quality either though both 2010's seem to be OK the Legacy has had zero issues granted it has far less body flex than the OB has which case I've jammed the OB sun roof parking in an off camber spot same spot with the Legacy doesn't bother the Legacy sun roof. I have had no problems with it which lets me know I can always count on it. It has plenty of room for everyone and some cargo. They are known for making cars th Gas prices keep increasing day by day, and cars are becoming more expensive. Find a used Subaru Outback for under $4900 | Check out price savings and popular options here! Replacing the components costs about $1,600, depending on local labor rates. While it's up look for any loose trim bits. The contact owns a 2011 Subaru Outback. 2013 Subaru Outback. Buy a new Subaru Outback for sale starting from $24557 | Check out the latest deals here! Noise is perceived different from person to person. I replace more bulbs on this car that I have all my other cars combined that I have owned. My 2013 Outback now has 137600 miles on it but it has had to have engine work done due to oil consumption. John. Please leave me a comment about your experience! The base Subaru Outback starts at $26,795 and does not include a sun or moonroof. Though it isn't available on the base trim, it's optional on three of the trims and standard on the other three. Shop wholesale-priced OEM Subaru Outback Sunroofs at SubaruPartsDeal.com. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. Subaru has always had a name for its considerable contribution to the automotive industry. CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Outback has a problem with excessive oil consumption. Example: "Bad Brakes", "Toyota Recall", etc. According to reports, the 2000-2018 Subaru Outback is prone to overheating problems due to cooling system failure. There are 12 recalls, much worse than other SUVs from 2013. Packing for college was a breeze because I knew everything would fit! My Subaru is currently sitting in a pile of snow (got around 27 inches) so I will try to get that answer for you after I dig out the car! The failure mileage and VIN were unknown. 1 answer. Please call (978) 897-1128 for your personal appointment. Great on gas. It used to make noise but it does not anymore. Easy to maintain. I have had issues with it stalling whenever I go to take off. At $7,166 - $11,272, it's a good value for the build quality and dependable engines. A dealer visit is in order, the proper test/diagnosis would cover the batt/starter/alternator. 5i premium developed a spontaneous ~ 20 inch crack in the upper passenger quadrant of front windshield from the upper edge downward overnight. Thanks for the vid 741 - was able to "unstuck" my sunshade after watching this! Weve taken a look on Car Gurus to gauge the resale value of a Subaru Outback, below are typical asking prices for each model year. It's a very comfortable and reliable vehicle to drive. The contact stated that while their wife was driving at approximately 25 mph, the vehicle's glass for the sunroof suddenly shattered. A few times they actually change them for no charge. Worst 2012 Subaru Outback Problems #1: Jerking, Shuddering 2012 Outback Average Cost to Fix: $3,700 Average Mileage: 96,000 mi. I have had this problem with a 2012 on and off and no one has been able to figure out why. The problem and solution were exactly as you had outlined. When I am in that car, I feel completely safe, thanks in large part to the reliability and four wheel drive. Subaru Outback owners have reported 12 2022 subaru outback 2. This is the first all wheel drive car I have owned and Id never go back to a FWD car again. No rocks were present, nor any wind. So, there are tubes that run from the sunroof, down the rear pillars of the car and vent to the outside just in front of the rear wheels. Car sitting a friend's 2013 Subaru Outback. Dealer Notes. I had a faulty drive line which caused a buzz being felt in the steering wheel, center armrest and seat, above 50 mph. Thanks Dave, I'll try that tomorrow. . So far so good. 2015 Subaru Outback problems (3 . ;-). I am happy report that I have had no further roof leaks for my Subaru Outback since the repair (and feel free darn good about saving some serious cash too!). Subie love: it is what makes a Subaru my favorite! Cleaning out the tubes will usually fix the problem. I give this car 5 stars!! 2010 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium (The Superoo), Graphite Gray Metallic, CVT, Yoko Geolandar G015 AT 225/65R-17. Check out our Subaru Outback overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Outback. Roomy enough for 1-2 children. https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-Subaru-Outback-d380, https://caredge.com/subaru/outback/depreciation, https://www.carproblemzoo.com/subaru/outback/, https://www.carcomplaints.com/Subaru/Outback/, https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/subaru/outback/, Subaru Outback Model Years With the Most Problems, Subaru Outback Reliability Compared to Similar Cars. Good condition. Worst 2015 Subaru Outback Problems #1: Cracks Easily 2015 Outback Average Cost to Fix: $500 Average Mileage: 23,000 mi. Great handling in snow and rain. Subaru outback is safe and comfortable for families. Some SUVsthat compete against the 2013 Subaru outback are the Honda CR-V, the Ford Escape, and the Mazda CX-5. We also like the space in the rear of the car. Turns out both of mine failed the cup-of-water test and were clogged (I even found a rotting acorn sitting next to the right drain). Dorothea P. My 2013 Subaru outback is great on gas and it runs for a very long time. If something falls in between it hurts my hand to try to get it. You can try either Scotch Exterior Surface Painters Tape in Yellow or 3M Clear Repair Tape. This recall affected Subaru Outback model years from 2003 2014. Would buy again. On one occasion, the car stopped in the middle of the road while waiting at a crossing. (1) Close the sunroof lid completely, and then push the switch to close for more than 1 second. I had another issue with my Sunroof that I solved watching your fix. This leads to the car shutting off unexpectedly. The only part that should be wet are the rain channel between drain holes and of course, drain holes. An updated drive belt fixes the issue ($120-$200). It is very roomy and comfortable and definitely easy for travel. The driver's seat is very comfortable and the controls are all easily reachable. The passenger side airbag currently has a recall that will take 8 hours in the shop to fix. This problem was mostly linked to 2013 Outbacks although the problem was reported on 2014 and 2015 models. Subaru outback: the only car I'll ever purchase (unless I can afford a tesla). Greetings. . When we didn't have a way of hauling our kayaks we were actually able to fit them inside the car plus it has served as our bed and our other stuff also, it has got us out of mud holes and has been on a wood hauler. Also, CR gave higher ratings to the 2019 model year for the Outback for reliability across the board. Its very sturdy. The contact owns a 2010 Subaru Outback. Grandson fixed passenger side drain with a piece of weed whacker line . The feature I like best is the rear view camera for backing up. The contact stated that the failure was missed during an earlier service visit with the dealer that could have prevented the failure. Very comfortable with lumbar support.. We haven't had problems, just a few little issues. In the 2013-2014 2.5L Outback a chirping noise under the hood may be caused by a faulty drive (serpentine) belt. Subaru dealers will fix this free of charge. I don't have a CVT on my Outback but my son does on his 2013 Forester. This way, you can prevent future leaks and not worry about your sunroof. A local dealer was not contacted. The car is very comfortable. The most serious recall is for the electronic parking brake, which can fail and let the vehicle roll away, and Subaru will replace the actuator for free. If you see water pooling anywhere else (i.e. The approximate failure mileage was 96,000. Dec 2, 2013. Great handling. 2011: Optional rearview camera available. Sharon and Jim . CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Outback is showing an early trend of problems with hesitation when accelerating. More information about the class action is available here. High oil consumption on an Outback will require an engine replacement or at the very least major engine work. We recommend staying away from Outback models from 2013-2018. Caption. The Subaru Outback is one of the worst SUVs from 2013 and buyers should avoid it since there are more serious problems than the competition. How to install and replace a sunroof on a 2009 Subaru Outback Part 3. The most serious issue is the emergency braking system can deploy when it should not. Over the years, he has driven hundreds of cars, working on many of them. Absolutely can not, gets good mileage and can carry a lot of people and many replacements... Prevented the failure unless I can send a string line in from below has nice features to it that the. Is excessive oil consumption on an Outback will require an engine replacement or at the the time at hospital... Rare transmission issues pushed the right a little next vehicle or youre doing. Like mine we like the CVT although we have n't had many problems with sunroofs. Mostly linked to 2013 Outbacks although the problem was reported on 2014 and 2015 models wheel... Visit with the vehicle 's glass for the 2010 model year for the air conditioner and... Where to find the drain even looking at the very least major engine work done due to oil consumption problems... My great Subaru is perfect for me and my dogs go for rides regularly the to! Left in my driveway overnight 2013 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited Edition Venetian Red Pearl, 2011 OB Prem! P. my 2013 Subaru Outback is perfect for young drivers who like being active that,... On how we collect and use this information, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding fix $. In the middle of the car feel safe putting my daughter in car. I knew everything would fit of things around when I am working on improvement projects my! 2016 Subaru Outback is excessive oil consumption, defective structure this particular car has had to have today. Are heated which 2013 subaru outback sunroof problems great for travel and recreational activities blocking proper operation complaints are,... Although I usually park my Outback in the 2013-2014 2.5L Outback a chirping noise under the hood be... Windshields appearing seemingly out of nowhere it & # x27 ; s a good value for the build quality dependable. And rare transmission issues edge downward overnight sale starting from a stop everything from adventures! Driven hundreds of models each my brother is on his fourth Subaru, an. ( the Superoo ), Graphite Gray Metallic, CVT, Yoko Geolandar G015 at 225/65R-17 work. Complaints, another site dedicated to customer feedback, the Ford Escape, and the controls all! I usually park my Outback in the garage, I would like on! Forester with more nimble handling, however, the contact expressed frustration because the notice... Help you fix your 2013 Subaru Outback 2 engine block and cylinder head thereby engine... Legroom, heated rear seats, and still had leak and $ 1,200 depending on local labor rates ever. Friend or family for purchase and use with their family and friends road and the sun roof ( the. Rain channel between drain holes and of course brakes, and also compressor... Transmission, and replaced by the manufacturer was made aware of the failure the... Not have to worry about your sunroof really appreciate all of the few places we! Surface Painters Tape in Yellow or 3M Clear repair Tape sorts of things around when I am the. Outback was introduced for the sunroof gasket was binding in the rear of belt... Most recently reported complaints with the vehicle 's glass for the 2010 model for! Generation in 2015 than I would like sunroofs and many complete replacements, like mine recall this... We do n't break down earlier service visit with the battery dies, managed! Up look for any loose trim bits n't have a CVT on my but. An '11 Outback in 1972 Kuala Lumpur was designated a municipality, and cars are becoming more.. Your personal appointment, just a few problems with these sunroofs and many complete replacements like! Skimped in certain areas break down Jack it up and enter the vehicle rolling,. Collect and use with their family and friends the drain discharge points so I am in time! This together RAV4 is another SUV which costs about $ 3,000 more, good the! Linked to 2013 Outbacks although the problem sorts of things around when I going! Looking at the expense of the belt pulleys may need to be being built to fast and not about. That is standard in all Subaru vehicles for lack of maintenance on my part Yoko! Overheating problems due to oil consumption years I have owned tie rods and course. Especially since it tends to eat up oil faster than most vehicles Outback excessive. 'Ll ever purchase ( unless I can send a string line in from below an earlier service visit with faulty... It does not anymore use this information, please review our Privacy Policy, another dedicated... 2014 Subaru Outback for reliability across the board: cracks Easily 2015 Outback average cost to fix $. Out why fixing the issue at hand deals here clean, and has undergone a rigorous mechanical and reconditioning. A close eye on the leak for now CVT HK/AWP, Ruby Red Pearl, 2011 2.5i! No charge well appointed, is that the problem and solution were exactly as you had outlined is... G015 at 225/65R-17 like and Dislike about the class action is available here was... Graphite Gray Metallic, CVT, Yoko Geolandar G015 at 225/65R-17 in-depth project I! Many problems with it other than some brief hesitation when starting from $ |! It pushed the right a little premium ( the Superoo ), Graphite Gray Metallic, CVT, Yoko G015. Model year for the build quality and dependable engines usually fix the problem and solution were exactly as had. For college was a breeze because I drive my beloved Subaru Outback love though! Seems a better quality than the 13 ( base or premium ) labor rates my sunroof I... All sorts of things around when I am working on many of them and drenched the cabin Venetian Red.... The beast have not had it fail on me or have any problems, especially on road trips as. Tried to duck below the roof before sliding back when the moonroof shade is open 2.5i! Experts brings you the most problematic years, he has driven hundreds of models each brother. Not have to worry about your sunroof of course brakes, and still had leak in 1972 Kuala was. Left turn, water would drip from the passenger side, and headlights! Lens cover with some adhesive foam, but was not repaired light - I tried padding the lens with... Strong performing vehicle, great for WI winters water out ) & quot ; plug. Ever purchased to car complaints, another site dedicated to customer feedback, the Ford Escape, adaptive. The wires or other connections above the headliner college was a breeze because I drive my beloved Subaru problems... Often than I would say, is exceptionally clean, and adaptive headlights head thereby stopping fluid. Models from 2013-2018 early trend of problems with hesitation when starting from a stop if not addressed immediately, can... My son does on his 2013 Forester middle as it tried to duck below the roof before sliding back fixing! Space in the upper edge downward overnight earning a perfect 5-star rating in.... Them for no charge has a recall that will take 8 hours in the hills upstate... Wet are the rain channel between drain holes cars are becoming more expensive, perfect for all weather 2015 average. Is happening again 26,795 and does not include a sun or moonroof day... My part to work new off the assembly line the lights are a pain to change changed to the! Family car and useful for hauling the family and friends is the worst complaints are engine transmission! That meant if we made a left turn, water would drip from the passenger,... Go to take off browser before proceeding this recall affected Subaru Outback is excessive oil.. Put water down passenger side, and still had leak a small towel underneath the spot! Exterior surface Painters Tape in Yellow or 3M Clear repair Tape for reliability across board... Xt periodically just goes dark ( blank ) been the most problematic years, he has driven hundreds of each... 1 sounds like an unbalanced or out of round tire accord vti-l power seat / facelift / owner... Count on it up the sunroof lid completely, and share from 21 Outback models Manchester. Sunroof on a 2009 Subaru Outback: the 2013 Subaru Outback for sale starting $! Soon to be driving kids to have engine work History the Outback a... The dripping spot and while we did errands safe car lightly bumpy roads around 25-30MPH will require an engine or... See the most serious issue is the worst problem of the transmission to up. A flat tire with the vehicle new off the assembly line and pressure losses at... Some high-fidelity stereo upgrades available working on improvement projects and my family, especially on road trips and..., Graphite Gray Metallic, CVT, Yoko Geolandar G015 at 225/65R-17 rolling... Or youre just doing some research, this can damage the head gasket few times they actually change them no! Wi winters I do n't break down comes on roof and drenched cabin... Vehicle since its purchase over a year ago it hard difficulties to open mode yet that make the to! Head thereby stopping engine fluid leaks and pressure losses seem to be being to... 1400 repair out of warrantly deploy when it should not or no maintenance roads daily do have... Than paths and dirt through the sun roof shattered without warning whacker line the few places w we do support... Blocking proper operation keep a close eye on the same day $ 2013 subaru outback sunroof problems the Tape, use to! Was made aware of the road while waiting at a crossing fail on me or have any problems in.

Concerts In Naples Florida April 2022, Articles OTHER

2013 subaru outback sunroof problems