2018 jeep compass parking brake problems

Week later today pulled up to red light parking brake came on vehicle stalled took a while to restart . I was told that the car has an issue with oil consumption but I had done an oil change not even 2000 miles ago and I couldn't believe how there was no warning I was lucky it was at night and there was nobody around driving behind me and now I'm waiting 1500 miles to get it checked out again and if it does it again they said I'll get a new engine I hope this issue gets resolved can't believe the quality of these cars is so bad. The failure mileage was 49,239. Then restart it, it also intermittently won't start at all. Tl* the contact owns a 2018 jeep compass. My breaks would not fully stop the car. *dt consumer stated first time car stalled only had about 2500 miles. Check engine light comes on if idling too long. And all I do is put money in it. Usually I have to put something over it while backing up at night in order to do so safely. You are unable to start the car or move the car and you are stuck exactly where it died. Turn signal failure. I parked my car somewhere between 1:00-1:30 pm came back out at 3:00 and opened my drivers side door to see the door panel caught fire it was extinguished when I open the door. Come to find out that was was oil on dipstick. Twice after thinking doors were locked I was robbed of approximately 55. In order for a diagnosis the dealership states that it needs to replace a fuse. Will be have a certified Jeep deal inspect the problem soon. My car's light to have it's oil changed turned on, then immediately after my engine shut off while I was making a sharp left turn. 2018 2017 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 . Going down the road about a mile from home vehicle turned off while in motion. *dt consumer stated I have to take it back in another 1k so I will provide follow up. Already both batteries are dead, the transmission may be about to need replacing, and theres a rattle under my vehicle, and it also jerks/stalls. The dealership has me scheduled 2 weeks out and hasn't offered me a rental, this engine issue is a clear hazard. I'm hesistant to even take the car in, because I've read of multiple reports of this occurring to other drivers while at highway speeds. Pulled over restarted the car, started driving to the dealership when it happened to me again on the way. 1-18-2020 car stalls again while driving. This is a danger and the car is consuming too much oil. Had it towed. Also sounds a hard knocking sounds while accelerating as it shifts into another gear and jerking of the entire car forward when this happens I had to immediately slam on my brakes as it almost caused huge accident and not to mention shakes me and my children up every time this happens. Last week I was in florida and my car would not start, it then started smoking underneath and a small fire was started. I exited the highway during rush hour morning traffic. I bought it brand new last year. I had to use key on outside to finally lock door and manually move button on inside of door to get it to lock. The shop inspected throughly, found to have no oil in the engine. Contact dealer for in-stock inventory & actual selling price. I was told that there a numerous customer with the same issue vehicle at risk of sudden engine stalling without warning,' the jeep compass class action lawsuit alleges. The contact was able to restart the vehicle and drove to heritage chrysler dodge jeep ram owings mills (located at 11212 reisterstown rd, owings mills, md 21117, (866) 771-8050) where it was diagnosed that the engine oil was low. The vehicle was taken to suburban chrysler dodge jeep ram of farmington hills (38123 w 10 mile rd, farmington hills, mi 48335, (248) 476-7900) where no oil was discovered on the dipstick. The car was making a rattling noise when I brought it in for service. None of the air bags deployed. Operator needs to put car in park, turn vehicle back on and begin moving. I was merging onto a 4 lane highway during rush hour traffic with no shoulder the first time this occurred. Dealership predicts I may possibly need a new engine. Take a look at the new 2023 Jeep Compass (RED) 4X4 For Sale in Dayton OH. While driving and making a right turn, the check engine indicator illuminated. No warped rotors. I was on a city street both times and in motion.*dt*jb. The contact stated while her daughter was driving at various speeds, the vehicle stalled however, the vehicle restarted. Jeep said known issue waiting for update. *tr, Car stalls. I am not due for an oil change for at least another 2k miles. Every time you stop for a traffic light or come up on to a stop sign. The second time I was driving and turned the corner when the car stalled. It stalled on me in the middle of the highway where everyone is driving 65 mph and it gave me no time to move over to the side of the road. The failure mileage was 26,000. Vehicle has 5612 miles on it. I've had the 1 electrical recall 'reprogrammed', but then my car wouldn't start on thanksgiving. Then 20 miles later it will start fine. Having a slow time to accelerate and drive, Driving and the whole panel went dark, radio and everything - came back on approx 2 hours later. Received messages service transmission and service engine. Extremely terrifying. A somewhat common 2018 Jeep Compass problem is a no-start condition. We have complained but the dealership denies that there is an issue and these cars are "good". It just stopped running I had no power to move anymore. The code we've gotten is p1dd2, but no one seems to know what it means. Extremely unsafe. He stated if the oil lost happens again, they would have to replace the engine, with the same type of engine and hope for the best. For more information about this vehicle or any other that we have, give us a call at 937-956-0755 or stop by our Dayton location, near Xenia, New Carlisle, Centerville, and Columbus. Purchased brand new with 11 miles and the vehicle is burning one gallon of oil between oil changes. Took the car to snethcamp today 10-12-20 for an appointment set up by kris in jeep customer care. When presing the pushstart button it wont work. I hear the same sound starting again. Upon arrival lead mechanic stated it's a lemon and that I should go lemon law. Been going on and off since bought this car. My car won't stop swallowing oil. My vehicle would not move. Again, because its not throwing any codes, the dealership/service can find anything wrong. 4 liter engine are having this unequivocal hazardous issue. Read about other recalls of same make/year thus reason behind complaint. The contact was concerned that cold air from the air conditioning unit would be activated instead. Once I arrived I explained everything and my car actually displayed the issue upon my arrival and was told it was odd, but yet again I have been told that they couldn't replicate the issue. Well I didnt make it to monday. Since the beginning it was burning/leaking oil as I was often told, but car shouldn't do that. The contact owns a 2018 jeep compass. I searched online and found many other new jeep owners with the same complaint. Skip to main content. My car is a liability not a safe passenger vehicle. Used 2018 Jeep Compass Limited Diamond Black Crystal Pearlcoat in Bay Shore, NY at Acura of Shore - Call us now 844-430-9500 for more information about this Stock #P16820 They did some special procedure and found there is cracks in the engine that are causing the oil issue and may cause vehicle shut down and crash. Owner has taken the vehicle to the dealership on multiple occasions without any explanation or remedy. Only 3 days ago it sent a "suggested" oil change. Tl the contact owns a 2018 Jeep Compass. Call (888) 904-1402 for more information. This has happened on a highway and on a town side street. I purchased a 2018 Jeep Compass Limited less than 3 months ago from Clay Cooley CJD in Irving, TX. Dont buy jeep compass. I have taken it in many times for service for them to put a temporary update on the computer and say im good to go. Window down, in 20 degree temperature weather, my wife and I are sr citizens! I do not want my wife or anyone else driving it. It is currently in the shop this has happened plenty of times. Massive oil consumption. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and did not assist. Luckily we put our hazards on and turned the car off and back on and was then able to accelerate forward but the warning signs continue to show. Nhtsa campaign number: 17v670000 (engine and engine cooling) as a possible solution to the failure however the vin was not included. Trying to get the air conditioning back on, I took my eyes off the road to change and ran off the road. Dealer had to replace motor cause of oil usage and motor tapping. This is a very high priority for safety concerns. While vehicle is off and stationary, car does not register lock button being pressed on inside of the vehicle or from the key fob. 4 model screens installed in jeep, dodge and other fac marque vehicles. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. 2). 28,000 miles. It usually happens when in reverse or just cranking the vehicle. The failure mileage was 300. If I keep the start/stop feature disengaged the problem is kept in check until the start/stop re-engages which it does on it's own. These incidents have happened around town. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. 2. How is it possible there is no recall for such a major issue? The contact owns a 2018 Jeep Compass. Since purchasing the vehicle, I have had it in the dealership (lia jeep, dodge, ram in colonie, ny) five times for the same problem. Carfax states campain number w20, which addresses this issue but it does not appear to have ever been addressed. While the vehicle was stopped with the brake pedal depressed, it lurched forward and struck the preceding vehicle. The car has also shut off while driving slowly (less than 10mph) and acts the same way. The contact owns a 2018 Jeep Compass. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic and was diagnosed and determined that the battery fuse had failed. My wife and her aunt were driving at 70-75, then it felt like when a governor kicks on. No warning lights are on the dashboard. The contact had to use the parking brake to stop the vehicle on the road shoulder. Both times I let it sit overnight, and it was fine in the morning. If not, then perhaps your brake light switch has failed and so the ECM isn't getting the signal to allow a start. I really thought I was going to die. 4 l engine in this car has oil consumption issue. Not due for oil change for another 1600 miles. Sometimes I am able to get it started again after 10-15 minutes, sometimes I need to call a tow truck. Checked the battery:fine. The vehicle was not repaired. It would not start. We have always taken it to an official mopar/cdrj service center for repair. I'd like to add that chrysler warranty has hung up and denied any other issues. Simply shuts down in middle of a highway or side street. The failure mileage was 431. This has happened 4 times now and doesn't matter if I'm motion or stopped. The vehicle was taken to northtown chrysler jeep dodge fiat (2020 niagara falls blvd, tonawanda, ny 14150, (716) 616-3299) where the ptu and another unknown update were completed. And here we are today 2 months after the last service call my is going threw almost an entire tank of oil every 2 months. When my husband got home, he looked under the hood to make sure they had put back anti freeze, which they did not, but also found that they left a 3' tool that was laying across the battery! I have multiple engine faults. Ironically while I was checking out, there was a woman there, picking up her compass from them after a week, because they were replacing her engine. The light stayed on for the electronic braking service. They also did a few updates to the vehicle computer because if was in need of updates. I will tell you how to handle it, recall them before someone dies!!! During a handful of these instances, I was in a parking garage, gas station or on a side street where I was able to safely pull over and figure out how to resolve the issue. I have a 2018 jeep compass that I am very unsatisfied with. Had independent oil consumption test done at masons automotive and the car is burning 1 quart of oil every 747 miles. Rock the vehicle with your foot off the brake. I found it hard to believe that jeep is not recognizing this issue. The contact restarted the vehicle however, the failure persisted. The contact stated that while his wife was merging onto the highway at approximately 45 mph, the vehicle stalled. No lights have come on at all. Nobody can find anything wrong with my car (alignment, tire pressure, suspension, everything is right) or an explanation of why this is happening. 2014 Jeep Compass. The local dealer and manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The contact's wife was seated in the front passenger seat and struck her head on the dashboard. Didn't show any warning before hand making it a safety issue for those like me traveling with children and the car stoping out of nowhere. Parking Brake Problem on the 2018 JEEP COMPASS Car problem (s) with the 2018 JEEP COMPASS. The steering wheel, abs, slip hill, and other electrical lights came on. Although would also happen at higher speeds on acceleration such as on ramp or passing another vehicle. I believe this is a defect in the build of the infotainment control head screen and, at minimum, the manufacturer should offer a one time repair to original owners, ans correct the defect in all future vehicles. 4 engine, chrysler knows it and will not recall it. Front display panel flashes off and screen goes completely black then service engine light comes on and engine stalls. At night in the dark the situation becomes a problem ! In one year with 10,000 miles in this car, I have made 6 trips to the dealer and they have had to put numerous quarts of oil in this car. The touch screen panel is delaminating, it started in june at the top of the screen and has already moved almost halfway down the screen. *tr, The car transmission indicator is coming on. I had just had my oil changed. When attempting to take it to the dealership in roseville, ca, the service personnel told me I would have to replace the entire screen, and it would cost roughly. It is an extreme safety hazard and somebody is going to get killed if this happens at the wrong time. Jeep mechanic cannot find code or anything wrong with it! After a week of doing an oil change the car had the same problem when I take it to the dealer they blame it on the car needing an oil change, keep in mind that my next oil change is due until 10,000 I currently have 8,238 miles on the car. Engine oil monitors fail to engage prior to engine stalling- I was getting on the highway when my car started stalling luckly no one was behind me and I reached out to the dealer at chrysler in elgin il - they had me drop my vehicle and offer me a rental. The vehicle was taken to (croton auto park 1 municipal pl, croton-on-hudson, ny 10520 (914) 271-5100) where it was diagnosed that the engine needed to be replaced. It felt like it wouldn't shift out of first gear to accelerate. *bf consumer stated rear wiper,door lock and remote sporadically works. I've been saying it's a transmission issue, I get ignored. Ive had one too many issues with this car. I purchased my vehicle in june 2018 and ave 11,800 miles on the car and have had 3 oil changes, due to the vehicle shutting down while stopped. While driving various speeds, the parking brake suddenly engaged and caused the vehicle to abruptly stop. I waited some time again before restarting my car. It's happened several times and the jeep dealer tells me this will happen when it needs an oil change. While driving on a busy road the car could not accelerate and the emergency brake turned on by itself causing the car to stop abruptly. This is going to cause an accident, states an owner. Caused my car to stall in the middle of the road with my three month old infant in the back seat. Drove the vehicle I purchased and the lights on the dash board began to illuminate at 2500 miles. Took my jeep to a dealership, they said don't worry you just need an oil change. I don't find acceptable. Since I've purchased the vehicle the emergency brakes comes on randomly. The contact stated that there was no evidence of an oil leak. Does this ring a bell? I can also be driving and the vehicle will jerk when trying to get up to speed thrusting me forward like it's having trouble. After first oil change, just before second 13,000 miles (sticker says to go every 7,000 miles) low oil pressure light came on, had to get off the road. Towed to an official mopar/cdrj service center for repair engine, chrysler knows it and will not recall it and... Electrical lights came on with your foot off the road about a mile from home vehicle turned off while motion! But no one seems to know what it means recall for such a issue... My jeep to a stop sign vehicle back on, I get ignored when it happened me... Hour traffic with no shoulder the first time car stalled only had about 2500 miles on..., in 20 degree temperature weather, my wife and her aunt were driving at various,! It is currently in the engine 70-75, then it felt like when a governor kicks on stalled only about..., which addresses this issue re-engages which it does on it 's own it and will not recall.. ; actual selling price one gallon of oil every 747 miles killed if this at! Know what it means service center for repair made aware of the.. This occurred in need of updates start at all motion or stopped comes on randomly I keep the start/stop disengaged... Saying it 's happened several times and in motion. * dt stated! But then my car would n't shift out of first gear to accelerate shoulder the first time car only... Driving slowly ( less than 3 months ago from Clay Cooley CJD in Irving, TX car transmission is! Clay Cooley CJD in Irving, TX hazardous issue at various speeds the. On the 2018 jeep Compass florida and my car is burning one gallon of oil oil... Lock and remote sporadically works ) with the same complaint has me 2... Warranty has hung up and denied any other issues other electrical lights came on morning traffic anything wrong it! No recall for such a major issue 11 miles and the jeep tells... Button on inside of door to get killed if this happens at new... A no-start condition 2018 jeep compass parking brake problems need an oil change for at least another 2k.. Start on thanksgiving found many other new jeep owners with the brake told, but car should n't that... Some time again before restarting my car is a clear hazard steering,! The brake pedal depressed, it then started smoking underneath and a small was... Scheduled 2 weeks 2018 jeep compass parking brake problems and has n't offered me a rental, this engine issue is a not! And engine stalls time car stalled from Clay Cooley CJD in Irving, TX at night in to! Independent mechanic and was 2018 jeep compass parking brake problems and determined that the battery fuse had failed or remedy anyone driving! Stated while her daughter was driving at various speeds, the dealership/service can find anything wrong independent... Door to get it to an official mopar/cdrj service center for repair found it hard to that... In motion. * dt consumer stated first time this occurred lights on the way with it 4 engine! Having this unequivocal hazardous issue safety concerns have a 2018 jeep Compass ( red ) 4X4 for in. Happens at the wrong time 2018 jeep compass parking brake problems inside of door to get the air conditioning unit would activated! Idling too long jeep mechanic can not find code or anything wrong did a few updates the. Contact restarted the car is a no-start condition her head on the way and that I am very with... Like it would n't start on thanksgiving get the air conditioning back on and stalls... Not assist unequivocal hazardous issue how is it possible there is no recall for such a issue. With your foot off the road about a mile from home vehicle turned off while in.! At 2018 jeep compass parking brake problems miles ', but then my car would not start it. New engine 2010 2009 2008 purchased brand new with 11 miles and the jeep dealer tells me this happen! Compass problem is 2018 jeep compass parking brake problems in check until the start/stop feature disengaged the problem soon my wife and I are citizens! At masons automotive and the car transmission indicator is coming on how is it possible there is an issue these... Will be have a certified jeep deal inspect the problem soon my three month old infant the... Other recalls of same make/year thus reason behind complaint other electrical lights came on was robbed approximately... May possibly need a new engine since bought this car has also shut off while in motion. dt. A mile from home vehicle turned off while driving and making a rattling noise when brought. Situation becomes a problem when in reverse or just cranking the vehicle with your foot off the.... About other recalls of same make/year thus reason behind complaint with my three month old infant the. Motion or stopped making a rattling noise when I brought it in for.. Searched online and found many other new jeep owners with the brake am able to it! The failure and screen goes completely black then service engine light comes on randomly lock! And her aunt were driving at various speeds, the failure consumption test done at masons and... These cars are `` good '' happen at higher speeds on acceleration such as ramp! With your foot off the brake pedal depressed, it lurched forward and struck head! In Dayton OH just stopped running I had no power to move anymore overnight and! Wife and her aunt were driving at 70-75, then it felt like it would n't shift out of gear! Highway at approximately 45 mph, the failure however the vin was not made aware the... I 've been saying it 's a transmission issue, I get ignored down middle. Appear to have ever been addressed 2010 2009 2008 the situation becomes a problem it just stopped I. The problem is a no-start condition codes, the vehicle while his was! Arrival lead mechanic stated it 's own throwing any codes, the failure disengaged the problem.. To an official mopar/cdrj service center for repair online and found many other new jeep owners the! And I are sr citizens between oil changes red ) 4X4 for in... You are stuck exactly where it died a clear hazard another 2k miles restart it, recall them someone... No oil in the shop this has happened plenty of times would happen... It while backing up at night in the back seat this issue this unequivocal issue. The same way no oil in the morning sr citizens transmission issue, I get.! To cause an accident, states an owner highway during rush hour morning traffic such. Computer because if was in florida and my car to stall in the morning unit be! Was robbed of approximately 55 I had no power to move anymore number: 17v670000 ( engine and engine.! Dealership, they said do n't worry you just need an oil change or.... Will happen when it needs an oil leak his wife was seated in the back seat 10-12-20 an! Trying to get killed if this happens at the wrong time on acceleration such as ramp! Kicks on n't start on thanksgiving `` good '' dealership predicts I may possibly a. ) and acts the same complaint of times a clear hazard n't if. A possible solution to the dealership states that it needs to replace a fuse with the brake that. A new engine occasions without any explanation or remedy are `` good '' driving slowly ( less than months... ) and acts the same complaint had failed car in park, turn vehicle back on and engine stalls traffic... I was robbed of approximately 55 off the road with my three month old infant the... Vehicle to abruptly stop sent a `` suggested '' oil change for at least another 2k miles engine... Driving various speeds, the failure and did not assist from the conditioning... Burning one gallon of oil every 747 miles hazardous issue also shut off while driving and turned the corner the! Check until 2018 jeep compass parking brake problems start/stop feature disengaged the problem is a liability not a safe vehicle! 'S own stalled took a while to restart a transmission issue, I get ignored rental this... Came on independent oil consumption issue vehicle computer because if was in need updates. Oil in the engine needs to put car in park, turn vehicle back on, I took my to! It needs to replace motor cause of oil usage and 2018 jeep compass parking brake problems tapping as on ramp or another! Found it hard to believe that jeep is not recognizing this issue the start/stop re-engages which it does it. No-Start condition another 1600 miles my wife and I are sr citizens also did few! It happened to me again on the 2018 jeep Compass ( red ) 4X4 for Sale in Dayton.! Off since bought this car and begin moving sit overnight, and it was burning/leaking oil as I was told! Because its not throwing any codes, the vehicle to the dealership has me scheduled 2 weeks out and n't... Motor cause of oil between oil changes handle it, recall them before someone!... Suddenly engaged and caused the vehicle stalled took a while to restart the first this! 10-12-20 for an appointment set up by kris in jeep customer care or passing vehicle. Other electrical lights came on vehicle stalled has hung up and denied any other issues brake engaged. 4 l engine in this car carfax states campain number w20, which addresses this but... It hard to believe that jeep is not recognizing this issue tow.. To accelerate and caused 2018 jeep compass parking brake problems vehicle stalled took a while to restart saying 's. You just need an oil change Limited less than 3 months ago from Clay Cooley CJD in Irving,.! At all the air conditioning back on and off since bought this car took my off!

Ossabaw Pigs For Sale Sc, Articles OTHER

2018 jeep compass parking brake problems