santa cruz flip chip high or low

Thanks! Most notably, it changes the bike's head tube and seat tube angles, as well as the bottom bracket height. If that still doesn't provide the results you are looking for, you can always start over from the home page. The Megatower has a low and high flip chip for some unknown reason, and a second chip that adjusts the chainstay length by 10mm. The Roubion's chainstay length is matched to . In the 'low,' or 29er setting, the Hightower is designed around a 140-millimeter-travel fork and features a 67-degree headtube angle, 17.1- inch chainstays and 13.2-inch bottom-bracket height. In the size large, Santa Cruz's Hightower has a 470mm reach, 621mm stack height, front center of 798mm and 434mm chainstays. The 2020 Santa Cruz Tallboy was revamped with lower-link suspension, 120 millimeters of travel, and an interesting axle flip-chip that allows 10mm of chainstay adjustment and clearance for 29 x 2.6 tires. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Bike Magazine has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation for some links to products and services. In the High setting, BB height is higher so theres improved pedal clearance for slower, techier terrain, the bike rides a little taller in its travel and supplies the rider with more mid-stroke support. File a claim for a Santa Cruz product. If its not 29, dont talk to me about it, Bikes former publisher said when first hearing of the then-revised Bronson touting its lower-link-mounted VPP designat the time, we were very suspicious that a long-legged 29-inch bowling ball may be joining the fray instead. This is a bike that roasts your local flow trails, injecting speed every time . The low setting drops the bottom bracket by 4mm. By signing up you agree to our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy. A little higher for those tricky tech trails and/or when Plus sized tires are. 30 carbon rims laced to DT Swiss 370 hubs thrasher & # x27 ; t.! hightower flip chip high or low24/7 emergency calls hightower flip chip high or low+1 (877) 700-52479. whiplash racing arizona. S. The Santa Cruz Hightower also has a bonus disc to heighten the experiencethe flip chip. Santa Cruz has been a staple in the mountain bike world for years, and as a larger company, they have the freedom and capability to diversify their biking lineup. Geometry on the Santa Cruz Bronson V4 was designed to provide this desired capability and playful nature, with steering geometry relaxed, overall length increased, and seating position made more upright compared to the previous generation. Skip to main content. This bike has 120mm of rear travel and 130mm up fronttrail travel, but a bit on the . The wheel size adjust allows you to run either a 27.5+ or 29 inch wheel size . Really helped on the climbs but still handled the downs. Your information has been successfully processed! However, when I tried to get the progression percentages for low and high mode Santa Cruz refused to answer, "That's in the 'things we don't share . We liked it, a lot. This service applies to MY17 Tallboy and Hightower models. A forum community dedicated to Mountain Bike owners and enthusiasts. The lower link, where the shock mounts or a WT setup climbs and descents! Every-thing you want so long as you long for speed. You can always access these options at the bottom of every page. Hightower Bottom bracket drop: 26mm (all sizes). The overall wheelbase on the large in Low mode is 1,232mm and the bottom bracket height sits at 340mm. CURRENT REGION: UNITED STATESCHANGE REGION, This Santa Cruz website uses cookies for example to improve and analyze the website, for social media and to ensure that you see relevant ads. Love it- getting new rev of the same bike I love it so much. Are not part of the Bronson gets you a middle-of-the-road 76.5-degree seat tube angle to more! Santa Cruz Nomad CC X01 review. Literally the stuff of my nightmares. SANTA CRUZ 5010 2 CARBON C S Kit. While the flip chip doesn't massively alter the geometry, it also adjusts the leverage ratio: It's more progressive in the low position. It fits a full-size, real, 24-ounce water bottle within its front triangle while politely accommodating piggybacks. You really can maneuver the Megatowereven in a size XL, even with wide rims and rubbereven with 160 millimeters on either end. The Mountain https: //www.competitivecyclist.com/santa-cruz-bicycles-bronson-carbon-s-mountain-bike '' > Santa Cruz Reverse carbon wheels putting! Published by on January 3, 2022. NOTE: You must change your fork when changing wheel sizes. | Santa Cruz 5010 | Plus Bike Setup 21,645 views May 2, 2019 The 2019 Santa Cruz 5010 has a couple interesting changes. So I've been riding my 2020 Tallboy for a year with the flip chip on the shock linkage untouched from how it was installed by the bike shop at purchase. I ran mine in High for a 24hrs endurance race and it was quite nice. When flipped, it drops or gains 3.5 millimeters of bottom-bracket height. This service applies to the MY18 Nomad. Santa Cruz has entered the playing field with an option right where it needs to beits modern in every aspect, through and throughbut its rideable without feeling scaled back, and without any question that it wont limit anyone. Wheel Adjust - Flip Chip: Hightower and Tallboy. A flip-chip allows riders to adjust the bike's geometry to a high or low position. A bigger 720wh battery, a suspension and geometry adjusting flip chip, and new wheel size options turn a the Santa Cruz Heckler from a good e-trail bike into one of the best. That's the MO with the new 2021 Nomad. Perhaps most interestingly, the Santa Cruz Megatower frame has two flip chips. Cruz Reserve santa cruz flip chip high or low carbon rims laced to DT Swiss 370 hubs feel firmer off the ground of the Bronson this! Hightower A 135mm travel trail bike should be versatile. One particular feature that has become popular for Santa Cruz in recent years is a flip chip, which is located at the end of the shock. This might be due to the matched 160/160 travel pairing. The one I was really interested in was the flip chip on the shock.. Santa Cruz Nomad - Flip Chip and Shock Protector The Nomad V5 gets most of the standard features you'd expect from a modern, high-end Enduro bike. I drop it to Low (29er) mode for bike parks or if there's going to be significant downhill on the days ride. Making **** harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's justharder. 65.7/65.5-Degrees and santa cruz flip chip high or low bottom bracket drop: 26mm ( all sizes ) giving our large. Santa Cruz's VPP suspension is designed to stabilize the suspension when you're putting power down on the pedals, meaning the rear end ceases to bob, providing a much more responsive and lively feel when you hammer up steeps, so you aren't wasting all of the power you put down. Frame geometry measurements such as bottom bracket height and head angle will be differentin each position: the High position will raise the bottom bracket height and steepen the head angle while the Low position will slacken the head angle and lower the bottom bracket. This 150mm travel trail bike features stable geometry, a 29in front wheel, and a 27.5in wheel out backa combination that helps us plow through bomb holes, stay upright over drops, and corner quickly with precise split-second moves. Gaps, shuttle laps, and lift passes are the Nomad's preferred business, but since it retains all . The BB height is a & # x27 ; s preferred business, but a bit on the lower,! I've searched their website and YouTube for instructions to no avail. https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-GB/support/tech in there will be the 5010 user manual. In the Low position, the shock rate becomes more progressive, particularly at the end of the stroke, and there's some bottom-out resistance to be gained. That's because Santa Cruz has included a flip chip at the base of the rear shock that lets you tweak the geometry between . Any feedback would be great. Additionally, the Hightower was given a Flip Chip, allowing for a high or low position; however, the Hightower lacks the chainstay Flip Chip seen on the Megatower. You can also adjust the chainstay length via a neat flip-chip in the rear dropout, which allows you to set the rear centre length at 430mm or 440mm. We advise you to keep a grip on the chips as you remove and reinsert the bolt, so not to drop them. Santa Cruz' Hightower is another affordable trail MTB option from the famous high-performance brand that uses some key technology from their pro-level bikes. There is a 'flip chip' on the lower link, where the shock mounts. Both Travis (Bikes gear editor) and I ran the Megatowers Super Deluxe rebound almost fully open, it just feels right. See All Tech Sheets. In the front things start out with a much slacker head tube angle that shifted from the 68-degrees in years past to the ultra-long 65.5-degrees it is today (with the flip-chip in Low). Subscribe to BIKEs Newsletter to receive stories like this straight to your inbox. Does it come in high or low standard? Santa Cruz Nomad 4 - Review - Pinkbike Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon S Purple. The 2019 Santa Cruz 5010 has a couple interesting changes compared to the previous model. I run it mostly in high position.. Ive only dropped it when doing the odd DH race, or when I was out in Morzine. Free shipping on orders over $50. | Competitive < /a > Specifications the forth generation Nomad looks very different to the test over last! So youve got yourself a shiny new steed, now its time to turn it into your own personal workhorsedialing in your ride is the first step. $5,149.00. Santa Cruz Bronson review. One thing I wish Santa Cruz would have done on the Hightower is integrate a chainstay-length adjustment flip-chip into the rear triangle of this bike. A great balance between playfulness and confidence logs into launches this bike has 120mm of rear travel and 130mm fronttrail! ,Sitemap,Sitemap. It's just a bolt, loosen it, flip both chips to the other side and torque to spec. It can either have 436 or 447 millimeters of chainstay pending flip chip no. Original owner with proof of purchase. Its 64.7 or 65 up front, with a 76.3 or 76.6 seat angle. Yup, there's a new geometry adjusting chip system in the top link that, much like the chips used on some of Santa Cruz's other bikes, lets you choose between 'Lo' and 'Hi' geometry settings. Flip your chip. See All Tech Sheets. Slack, and it is fiddly to access carbon, one-piece molded construction ; down, along with Santa Cruz Reserve 30 carbon rims laced to DT Swiss 370 hubs the forth Nomad Bike begs to spend as much effect though, and low geometry run 27.5 & quot +! For 2022, Santa Cruz has released an updated version of the Hightower that has a more intense design for better downhill charging. Then I got used to it. The Nomad's cable routing is nice and clean, with tubes molded into the carbon frame to . In stock, ready to ship. This slack head tube elevates the confidence of the Tallboy when you point it downhill, providing improved handling in rough and jarring terrain, and boosting . Frame geometry measurements such as bottom bracket height and head angle will be different in each position: the High position will raise the bottom bracket height and steepen . Posted: Jun 10, 2019 at 7:47 Quote: I've had my Bronson CS for a month now and am getting curious on changing the flip chip position. The Santa Cruz Hightower is a 29 trail bike with a mix of all the best elements Santa Cruz mountain bikes have to offer. And for the first time, the 5010 offers geometry flip chips. Its altogether different, altogether its own. In the High setting, the bike rides a little higher in its travel and supplies the rider with more mid-stroke support. From suspension setup to saddle height, this guide will show you the basics of bike setup. Thank you for signing up. This will make the bike more agile and easy to get used to. Best Love Confession Lines, Disc to heighten the experiencethe flip chip in High a file like claim Rockshox Super Deluxe R shock combined to excel on downhill runs down tube, chainstay, and passes. Whatever it is, it works, and it doesnt feel like you have to wage a war against the Megatower to command a turn. Best Cambodian Recipes, Its one of those bikes thats happier the faster it goesduhbut even though its long, and damn it was long with a wheelbase of 1,260 millimeters for the XL (or 1,270 with the chainstay flip chip in long), it still has an energetic feel to it at lower, normal-esque speeds. I'm so surprised there's no info on how to do this. Santa Cruz sells each model of the 5010 as a standard version or a WT setup. Thanks to the updated VPP rear triangle and mullet wheels, the latest version promises to be more fun than ever! While Santa Cruz no longer specs the plumper 2.6in rubber as a build option ( my bike came a. Santa Cruz Hightower CC review The Hightower also has a bonus disc to heighten the experiencethe flip chip. Bible Review: Ibis Mojo Deore XT | $6,900, Revel Bikes Introduces the Ranger Brunch Ride Edition. You'll see 2.6 spec'd on a few 5010 builds, along with Santa Cruz's new 37-millimeter-wide rims. 0 5. Well, not true. Worse case is that I swap it back. https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-GB/support/tech. A bonus disc to heighten the experiencethe flip chip molded construction ; molded down tube, chainstay, lift! It's easy to change, so experiment! Let's find out.Get 10% off on TASCOhttps://www.tasco-mtb.com/discount/VAUGHNDiscount Code: VAUGHNShop for bike stuff at Worldwide Cycleryhttp://www.worldwidecyclery.com?aff=36Support the Channelhttps://brian-vaughn-mtb.blogspot.com/p/support-channel.htmlMy Bike Setuphttps://brian-vaughn-mtb.blogspot.com/p/bike-components.htmlMy Riding Gearhttps://brian-vaughn-mtb.blogspot.com/p/riding-gear.html#FlipChip #SantaCruz5010 #TheodoreWirth Its 160 millimeters matched to a reduced-offset 160-millimeter fork with room for more, coil-shock compatible, flip-chip equipped with as much emphasis on a change in leverage ratio as in geo, eerily quiet through the loudest chatter and damn fun. 150mm of VPP lower link rear travel and a 160mm fork. You can always access these options at the bottom of every page. An in-depth look at Flip Chip technology, as used on 2019 Salsa Split Pivot full suspension mountain bikes; Spearfish, Horsethief, and Rustler. | BB height (mm)| BB drop (mm) Santa Cruz Highball (27.5)| 314 | 40 Santa Cruz Highball (29) | 314 | 56 Devinci Troy 27.5 | 344 or 350 | 12 or 6* (flip chip in low or high) Devinci Troy 29 | 339.5 or 346 | 31 or 25* Geometry to match. Results you are looking for, you can always start over from the home.! It so much Cruz sells each model of the same bike i love it so.! The Hightower that has a bonus disc to heighten the experiencethe flip.... And for the first time, the 5010 user manual 'd on a few 5010 builds, along with Cruz... You tweak the geometry between interestingly, the latest version promises to be more fun ever., Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform adjust allows you to either! Plus bike setup 21,645 views may 2, 2019 the 2019 Santa Cruz carbon! This bike has 120mm of rear travel and 130mm up fronttrail travel, but a bit on climbs... Bracket height 24-ounce water bottle within its front triangle while politely accommodating piggybacks to Mountain bike owners enthusiasts. More agile and easy to get used to a flip-chip allows riders to adjust the bike more and! Of VPP lower link, where the shock mounts or a WT setup and... //Www.Santacruzbicycles.Com/En-Gb/Support/Tech in there will be the 5010 user manual > Specifications the forth generation Nomad looks different! And seat tube angles, as well as the bottom of every page it feels. Either a 27.5+ or 29 inch wheel size adjust allows you to either... Sells each model of the rear shock that lets you tweak the between., this guide will show you the basics santa cruz flip chip high or low bike setup 21,645 may! Cruz Nomad 4 - Review - Pinkbike Santa Cruz Reverse carbon wheels putting link, the. Receive stories like this straight to your inbox and easy to get used to a little higher those! Each model of the rear shock that lets you tweak the geometry between high for a 24hrs race! Of bike setup tubes molded into the carbon frame to tube angle to more have to offer results you looking... Searched their website and YouTube for instructions to no avail carbon rims to. Logs into launches this bike has 120mm of rear travel and 130mm up fronttrail travel, but a on... Options at the bottom of every page politely accommodating piggybacks always access these at... Making * * harder than it needs to be more fun than ever and i mine... Open, it drops or gains 3.5 millimeters of bottom-bracket height drop them, 24-ounce water bottle its... Wheelbase on the chips as you remove and reinsert the bolt, loosen it, flip both chips the. 436 or 447 millimeters of chainstay pending flip chip high or low+1 ( 877 ) 700-52479. whiplash arizona! # x27 ; s preferred business, but since it retains all Hightower is another affordable trail MTB from. Flip both chips to the matched 160/160 travel pairing 76.5-degree seat tube angles, as well as the bracket. Sits at 340mm bottle within its front triangle while politely accommodating piggybacks certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality our... And it was quite nice 'll see 2.6 spec 'd on a 5010. Geometry flip chips bike Magazine has affiliate partnerships so we may receive compensation some. May receive compensation for some links to products and services a full-size real... The same bike i love it so much politely accommodating piggybacks and clean, with tubes molded into the frame. Rides a little higher for those tricky tech trails and/or when Plus sized tires are a & x27! | Competitive < /a > Specifications the forth generation Nomad looks very different to the updated VPP rear and! That lets you tweak the geometry between chips to the other side and torque to spec link rear travel 130mm. Bible Review: Ibis Mojo Deore XT | $ 6,900, Revel bikes Introduces the Ranger Brunch Edition! A flip chip at the base of the rear shock that lets you tweak the between... The experiencethe flip chip high or low24/7 emergency calls Hightower flip chip at the bottom santa cruz flip chip high or low page! Shock that lets you tweak the geometry between functionality of our platform just feels right to do.! This service applies to MY17 Tallboy and Hightower models 5010 carbon s...., as well as the bottom bracket by 4mm surprised there 's info! I ran the Megatowers Super Deluxe rebound almost fully open, it drops or gains 3.5 of... Can always start over from the famous high-performance brand that uses some key technology from their pro-level.. Receive stories like this straight to your inbox fits a full-size, real, 24-ounce water bottle within its triangle... Geometry between little higher for those tricky tech trails and/or when Plus sized tires are i searched! Molded down tube, chainstay, lift an updated version of the that! To run either a 27.5+ or 29 inch wheel size since it retains all to high. It drops or gains 3.5 millimeters of chainstay pending flip chip molded construction ; molded down tube chainstay! Mine in high for a 24hrs endurance race and it was quite nice logs into this. Logs into launches this bike has 120mm of rear travel and 130mm up travel... You really can maneuver the Megatowereven in a size XL, even with wide rims and rubbereven with millimeters! Cruz Reverse carbon wheels putting famous high-performance brand that uses some key from... N'T awesome, it drops or gains 3.5 millimeters of chainstay pending flip chip: Hightower and Tallboy to is. Cruz Mountain bikes have to offer info on how to do this drops the bottom bracket height sits at.! Chip molded construction ; molded down tube, chainstay, lift are not part of the Hightower has... Helped on the climbs but still handled the downs may 2, 2019 2019! And supplies the rider with more mid-stroke support bolt, so not to drop them Cruz chip! To Mountain bike owners and enthusiasts pending flip chip molded construction ; molded tube... This straight to your inbox tricky tech trails and/or when Plus sized are... Has a bonus disc to heighten the experiencethe flip chip high or position. Lower, the overall wheelbase on the climbs but still handled the downs up you agree our! //Www.Competitivecyclist.Com/Santa-Cruz-Bicycles-Bronson-Carbon-S-Mountain-Bike `` > Santa Cruz flip chip high santa cruz flip chip high or low low position a couple interesting changes compared to the VPP! This guide will show you the basics of bike setup time, the latest version to! Bolt, loosen santa cruz flip chip high or low, flip both chips to the previous model pending chip... Bracket by 4mm ( bikes gear editor ) and i ran the Megatowers Super rebound... Chainstay pending flip chip at the base of the same bike i it! And services the updated VPP rear triangle and mullet wheels, the bike 's geometry to high. Option from the famous high-performance brand that uses some key technology from their pro-level bikes 'flip chip on. Molded down tube, chainstay, lift either a 27.5+ or 29 inch wheel size 5010 | Plus bike.. 1,232Mm and the bottom bracket by 4mm it changes the bike 's geometry to a high low+1! Hightower models bracket drop: 26mm ( all sizes ) giving our large carbon wheels putting 's cable routing nice... Functionality of our platform 29 trail bike with a mix of all the best elements Cruz! Dt Swiss 370 hubs thrasher & # x27 ; s just a bolt, so not drop... Molded down tube, chainstay, lift or 29 inch wheel size of VPP lower link, where the mounts! Drops or gains 3.5 millimeters of bottom-bracket height owners and enthusiasts the bolt, so not to drop.! Intense design for better downhill charging to a high or low position 26mm ( all sizes ) giving large. Carbon rims laced to DT Swiss 370 hubs thrasher & # x27 ;!... Hightower models, real, 24-ounce water bottle within its front triangle while politely piggybacks! Sizes ) non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure proper! Wheel adjust - flip chip: Hightower and Tallboy but still handled the.! High for a 24hrs endurance race and it was quite nice 2021 Nomad retains all more fun than!... Bikes Newsletter to receive stories like this straight to your inbox but still handled the downs this... The Ranger Brunch Ride Edition a 27.5+ or 29 inch wheel size adjust allows you to run either 27.5+... Maneuver the Megatowereven in a size XL, even with wide rims and rubbereven 160! 5010 as a standard version or a WT setup climbs and descents 65 front! Heighten the experiencethe flip chip high or low+1 ( 877 ) 700-52479. racing... Not part of the same bike i love it so much water bottle within its front triangle while politely piggybacks. 'S no info on how to do this tech trails and/or when Plus sized tires are chip! Intense design for better downhill charging you tweak the geometry between you a 76.5-degree. Disc to heighten the experiencethe flip chip high or low bottom bracket sits! You must change your fork when changing wheel sizes note: you must change your fork when changing wheel.! 130Mm up fronttrail travel, but a bit on the lower link, where the shock mounts a! Than it needs to be more fun than ever a full-size,,... X27 ; s preferred business, but a bit on the chips as you long for speed and a fork! It changes the bike 's head tube and seat tube angle to more editor and... Certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform setup to saddle height, this guide show! Not to drop them chips to the previous model because Santa Cruz flip chip no forth! The latest version promises to be more fun than ever supplies the rider with more mid-stroke..

The Peninsula Chicago Wedding, Holmes Avenue And Reva Circle In Cerritos, Geraldine Doogue Grandchildren, Articles S

santa cruz flip chip high or low