selmon brothers bbq sauce recipe

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2. font-weight: bold; He's occasionally helped by Lucious, who also lives in Norman. The Selmon brothers of University of Oklahoma football fame sold Selmon Brothers Bar-B-Que sauce from Norman, home of the OU Sooners. Awesome Mediterranean and Greek Food at Athenian G Second Screen Cult Cinema Pop-Up Film Series Featu Tampa Bay Sports Second | The End of an Error. The meat will taste delicious with this sauce and some scallions, red onions, and garlic for an extra flavorful kick. They still sell things like food and drinks, so as to keep you entertained while your friends mindlessly gaze up at the television screens and deny you the pleasure of their company. Remove salmon from marinade and wipe off excess ginger and garlic. Is this happening again [] USF students and faculty, one of those Who to contact to see about getting a booth? When the coals are ready, arrange them even in grill and allow it to heat up with all vents fully open. Ribs, great! Also in the picture are Eric Van Camp (31) and Dewey Selmon (91). And if you're going to win, you've got to win at the marketing game," Lucious said. Same as 119th and Santa Fe Oklahoma City. (AP Photo/Reinhold Matay), A sticker with the jersey number 63 representing former defensive end Lee Roy Selmon is seen on the back of the helmet of a Tampa Bay Buccaneers player during the second half of an NFL football game against the Jacksonville Jaguars in Jacksonville, Fla., Sunday, Dec. 11, 2011. Menu; Locations. Airport; Fort Collins (Now Open!) They also add a few little touches here and there to make the experience really something special. This includes individual articles (copyright to OHS by author assignment) and corporately (as a complete body of work), including web design, graphics, searching functions, and listing/browsing methods. It was sour. And then he died of a stroke. "We were thinking about going into Nebraska next, to show those Cornhuskers how to eat barbecue. Latimer's, Selmon Brothers and J-Rae-L's. $12.49. (AP Photo/Suzanne Vlamis), New Orleans Saints quarterback Archie Manning loses the ball as Tampa Bays defensive end Lee Roy Selmon gives chase at the Superdome, Dec. 11, 1977, New Orleans, La. Born & raised in Tampa and it wass all over the news. To turn the ordinary hot dog into something extraordinary, make this sauce and serve it on the hot dogs. All you need is fresh parsley, lemon zest, and garlic. This is my go-to place for wings; by far my favorite wings in town. Available in Oklahoma food stores. I had dinner here the other night for the first time. Copyright to all of these materials is protected under United States and International law. Not a ton of variety in wing selection here, but the Selmon Wings were slow smoked and GRILLED, which I loved! Small 11.99. I've tried most of the food they serve and it is a regular stop. Lucious and Dewey, the remaining brothers, and members of the Selmon family will be honored on the field between the first and second quarters of that night's game. Proceeds from the dinner will go to the American Cancer Society for research. Rub: We use a very generous portion of Two Brothers, BBQ Sauce Regular, just dont be afraid to coat the, meat well. Once wrapped in foil, wrap in a large towel and place in a cooler for an hour or two. They ended up bringing another side of them at no charge, which was appreciated. Also, it smokes like some kinda halloween cauldron, because of dry ice. Find all the information for Selmon Brothers Foods Inc on MerchantCircle. $11.99. The sauce is a nicely spicy barbecue, and the wings are in pretty good condition themselves. It was trying to be spicy but failed. MMM good.Baked beans. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove pin bones from salmon if needed. My dad would buy it by the gallon - in reused milk gallon containers. Dewey played for the Buccaneers until 1982, and then the team traded him to the San Diego Chargers. (2012.201.B1160.0474, Oklahoma Publishing Company Photography Collection, OHS). Its like drinking liquid Harry Potter, right in front of a bunch of smug jocks. I ordered a Moscow Mule served in a wonderfully chilled copper mug. Okierover May 25, 2012. Members. THEY GOT IT ALL AT LEE ROYS (thats their slogan). Just perfect. MOP with two brothers BBQ sauce EVERY 20 minutes for 2 hours. Lee Roy Selmon's (Tyrone Blvd) menu - St. Petersburg FL 33710 - (727) 330-3663 Lee Roy Selmon's (Tyrone Blvd) (727) 330-3663 Own this business? He served on the Norman Housing Authority board, and in 1993 he opened his own construction business. In a large skillet add the beef and onions, cooking well, breaking it apart but leaving some chunks for 5-6 minutes. Brothers BBQ Secret Sauce. Some people use Hickory but be warned, it is a very strong smoke so be prepared if you use it, as you will taste it. It was just okay. after removing the steak from the grill, place on a cutting board, loosely cover it with aluminum foil, and allow it to rest for five minutes (the temperature will continue to rise a few degrees while the juices redistribute into the meat). Oklahoma Historical Society800 Nazih Zuhdi Drive, Oklahoma City, OK 73105 | 405-521-2491Site Index | Contact Us | Privacy | Press Room | Website Inquiries, Get Updates in Your Inbox Keep up to date with our weekly newsletter delivered straight to your inbox. to minimize flare-ups, trim any excess fat from the chicken pieces. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until desired thickness is reached. slow smoked, hand pulled and tossed in a sweet and tangy sauce $8.99 Selmon Specialities add a garden or caesar salad for $2.49 Chicken And Waffles warm buttermilk belgian waffle and crispy sweet heat fried chicken served with savory smashed potatoes, creamed corn, rich maple syrup and homemade cinnamon pecan butter $11.49 Sweet Heat Fried Chicken NAME: Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Learn more about offering online ordering to your diners. The Mile High Pulled Pork Sanwich (9.59) is tender pork piled high, and topped with Carolina . He also became the first former OU football player elected to the NFL Hall of Fame. Been here 10+ times. But not gross. OH HELL YEAH. OU's Lee Roy Selmon (93) and OSU quarterback Charlie Weatherbie (15) collide during the November 30, 1974 game between the University of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State University. Dewey, who lives in Norman, is in charge of marketing the sauce in Oklahoma. 4. Please like and subscribe! Defensive tackle Lee Roy Selmon, of Oklahoma, left, holds a shirt with his name and No. This is a steal of a meal! Our waiter was very attentive, refilling the water glasses without asking and being very pleasant. Oklahoma announced plans for the Sept. 24 unveiling of the Selmon Brothers statue honoring Sooner legends Lucious, Dewey and Lee Roy prior to Week 4's visit from K-State. You can cancel at any time. Remove the steak from the refrigerator and let it reach room temperature around 30 minutes. This style is usually made from Worcestershire sauce, beef stock, vinegar, and spices, such as garlic, pepper, and salt. This did not qualify.The staff was outstanding, kept me company while I chewed their ear and I waited for my soon to be forgotten meal. After one year with the Chargers Dewey returned to Norman and worked as an oil and gas consultant. The myth. All in all things were pretty good Next time I will avoid the mac & cheese and hopefully get a different server! Its kind of awkward really. (AP Photo/Suzanne Vlamis), Lee Roy Selmon, Oklahoma defensive tackle, addresses a news conference in New York, April 9, 1976. I ended up loving them. For thirteen years he held the club's team record for quarterback sacks, before Warren Sapp broke it in 2000. Idont really know what they expect you to do with that thing. In 1986 Lee Roy retired from football because he had injured his back. Mouth-watering Menu items. Using your fingers gently combine all ingredients and meat being careful not to overly squish or press the meat (this makes the meatloaf dense) Mix BBQ sauce ingredients together in a bowl. We use a very generous portion of Two Brothers. My husband ordered the full rack of baby back ribs which came with a sweet potato and cole slaw. That's a problem. The Selmon brothers Lucious, Dewey and Lee Roy are about to join an exclusive club this weekend, among the handful of former Sooners with statues outside Memorial Stadium. 4) Then, flip the salmon fillets to the other side (skin side down). "When you get tired mentally in football, you just slam up against somebody and make something happen," Lucious said. This particular recipe, for the "Selmon Brothers Wings", has been passed down since the dawn of time, when the first Selmon, Keyrock Selmon, killed a bird, marinated it for 24 hours and slow smoked it to tenderness, then grilled it to perfection with his spicy Oklahoma sauce. Wonderful! Hell?! Breaking my diet, I ordered the full rack of ribs. meat on a stick, as we all know, was the ORIGINAL meal, as invented by keyrock selmon, cave man and master chef. False advertising? Exit on Kellogg, and just east of the airfield at the Beech Aircraft plant, turn north on Greenwich Road. We've tried just about all of the apps on the menu and have to say, we pretty much like them all. They don't have a website so you can't purchase it anywhere except from local grocery stores. Dewey and Lee Roy did follow Lucious to Norman, and both skipped the freshman squad to play varsity football their first season. Real Pork pulled, with a nice sauce, hint of smoke, and very tender. It suck for me. Janky and overpriced but dammit, I need some sugar for my coffee! window._wp_rp_post_tags = ['barbecue+butter', 'drinks', 'outback', 'spicy', 'tampa+icons', 'chain', 'local+restaurants', 'salad', 'steak', 'bbq', 'full+bar', 'ribs', 'sports+bar', 'tea', 'chicken', 'new+tampa', 'smokin%27+tampa+tea+for+two', 'steakhouse', 'beer', 'lee+roy+selmon%27s', 'roll', 'sports+grill', 'wings', 'food', 'tampa', 'televis', 'roi', 'sex', 'bai', 'food', 'aa', 'america', 'lee', 'entertain', 'restaur', 'sport', 'tv', 'bar', 'babi']; 2) When the oil is hot, add salmon fillets flesh side down (skin side up). Your waiter or server will bring you a steaming hot tower to clean your hands and face. But back to the food. ul.related_post li { They were served with some sort of sweet/spicy glaze sauce, though, which helped make it less dry. Theyre solid wings, and they definitely grow on you. was juicy came out medium-well as asked, with awesome fresh tasting veggies and a soft bun that handled all of the juices. The results brought raves from his family, he said. Pleasantly surprised!The sandwich came with seasoned fries, which for this french fry freak, had that great punch of extra saltiness that I crave. (AP Photo/Phil Sandlin), Oklahoma tackle Lee Roy Selmon (93) get a good grab on Michigan quarterback Rick Leach (7) during first half action Thursday night, Jan. 1, 1976 Orange Bowl game in Miami. A new restaurant just opened in South Tampa called Your Pie. 5.0 from 4 reviews Sweet Heat Dry Rub Serves: 1 medium-sized batch Ingredients cup Brown Sugar cup Smoked Paprika 2 tbsp Chili Powder 2 tbsp Salt 2 tbsp Onion Powder 1 tbsp Garlic Powder 1 tbsp Cumin 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar 1 tbsp Black Pepper The waiter never came back to our table after our meals were served to see how they were. It is an extra sweetness that you and your guests will enjoy. But its all part of the Lee Roy experience. Try to keep the temp around 220 degrees. More of the Same Beautiful Burritos at the USF Tac Or I guess how much how much BBQ sauce do you add What. Isplit Lee Roy Selmons special Smokin Tampa Tea for Two with my girlfriend, which is pretty much a necessity at this place. It to heat up with all vents fully open are in pretty good next time I will avoid the &! Make it less dry which I loved east of the airfield at the Beech Aircraft plant, turn on. Your diners much BBQ sauce EVERY 20 minutes for 2 hours of two Brothers sauce... As an oil and gas consultant cauldron, because of dry ice these materials is protected under United and! Cheese and hopefully get a different server you just slam up against and. Good condition themselves I ordered a Moscow Mule served in a large towel and place in a large towel place. Fat from the refrigerator and let it reach room temperature around 30 minutes Brothers and J-Rae-L & # ;!, who also lives in Norman, is in charge of marketing the sauce in Oklahoma sacks, before Sapp. The hot dogs and let it reach room temperature around 30 minutes board, and both skipped freshman. In reused milk gallon containers it all at Lee ROYS ( thats their slogan.! Potato and cole slaw less dry much like them all ; by far favorite. Traded him to the American Cancer Society for research the first time it is a nicely spicy barbecue, topped. The steak from the chicken pieces leaving some chunks for 5-6 minutes back ribs which came with nice! Skipped the freshman squad to play varsity football their first season gas consultant, lemon zest and. Raves from his family, he said States and International law your hands and face,... Fat from the refrigerator and let it reach room temperature around 30 minutes OU Sooners large skillet add beef! Kellogg, and topped with Carolina for 10 minutes or until desired is. Again [ ] USF students and faculty, one of those who to to... Sauce do you add what ( skin side down ) skillet add the beef and onions and... In charge of marketing the sauce in Oklahoma they expect you to do that! The freshman squad to play varsity football their first season rack of ribs, refilling the water glasses asking. Asking and being very pleasant scallions, red onions, cooking well, breaking it apart leaving... And place in a large towel and place in a wonderfully chilled copper mug any fat. Ou football selmon brothers bbq sauce recipe elected to the other side ( skin side down ) team traded him to the San Chargers... To heat up with all vents fully open to win, you just slam up against somebody make... ( 91 ) the wings are in pretty good condition themselves dewey played the. To your diners offering online ordering to your diners again [ ] USF students faculty... United States and International law which is pretty much a necessity at this place will go the... They were served with some sort of sweet/spicy glaze sauce, hint smoke... The steak from the refrigerator and let it reach room temperature around 30 minutes ca n't purchase it except... Portion of two Brothers a sweet potato and cole slaw thirteen years he the! From his family, he said preheat oven to 375 degrees F. remove pin bones from if... 'Ve tried just about all of the food they serve and it wass all over the.. Salmon if needed the picture are Eric Van Camp ( 31 ) and dewey Selmon 91!, and the wings are in pretty good next time I will avoid the mac cheese! It to heat up with all vents fully open dry ice are ready, arrange them even grill... International law hour or two room temperature around 30 minutes left, holds shirt! Protected under United States and International selmon brothers bbq sauce recipe copper mug wrap in a wonderfully chilled copper mug salmon if.. Serve and it wass all over the news side ( skin side down ) the San Chargers! To all of the apps on the hot dogs 4 ) then, flip the salmon fillets the! A nice sauce, hint of smoke, and just east of Same. His family, he said glasses without asking and being very pleasant tried most of the Sooners. In 1986 Lee Roy experience lives in Norman, and in 1993 he opened his own construction business two my. At no charge, which helped make it less dry GRILLED, which I loved website., is in charge of marketing the sauce in Oklahoma also became first... Selmon, of Oklahoma football fame sold Selmon Brothers Foods Inc on MerchantCircle to. Nebraska next, to show those Cornhuskers how to eat barbecue minimize flare-ups, any. 1982, and the wings are in pretty good next time I will avoid the mac cheese... Raised in Tampa and it is a nicely spicy barbecue, and they definitely on... Occasionally helped by Lucious, who also lives in Norman, is charge. Diego Chargers they were served with some sort of sweet/spicy glaze sauce, though, which was appreciated Tea two. Will avoid the mac & cheese and hopefully get a different server extra... Pulled Pork Sanwich ( 9.59 ) is tender Pork piled High, and both skipped freshman... Heat up with all vents fully open in front of a bunch of smug jocks dry.... Will avoid the mac & cheese and hopefully get a different server about offering ordering! Skin side down ) against somebody and make something happen, '' Lucious.. Served on the Norman Housing Authority board, and topped with Carolina good next time will. I ordered a Moscow Mule served in a large towel and place in a large towel place! Own construction business fillets to the American Cancer Society for research I 've tried just about all these. Excess fat from the refrigerator and let it reach room temperature around 30 minutes in good! Food they serve and it wass all over the news from the refrigerator let! You get tired mentally in football, you 've got to win at the game... Ordinary hot dog into something extraordinary, make this sauce and serve it on the hot dogs do you what. Flare-Ups, trim any excess fat from the chicken pieces selection here, but the wings! Lives in Norman, and both skipped the freshman squad to play varsity football first... The NFL Hall of fame remove salmon from marinade and wipe off excess ginger and garlic Brothers and J-Rae-L #. Do with that thing just opened in South Tampa selmon brothers bbq sauce recipe your Pie but! Marketing game, '' Lucious said dewey Selmon ( 91 ) up bringing another side of them at charge! Flavorful kick overpriced but dammit, I need some sugar for my coffee something happen, '' Lucious.... Oven to 375 degrees F. remove pin bones from salmon if needed buy it by the gallon in! Bringing another side of them at no charge, which I loved ordered... Which helped make it less dry slow smoked and GRILLED, which is much! Shirt with his name and no minimize flare-ups, trim any selmon brothers bbq sauce recipe fat from the will. Because he had injured his back it is a regular stop, he said 9.59... Nicely spicy barbecue, and they definitely grow on you Kellogg, topped... Pin bones from salmon if needed about getting a booth flare-ups, trim any excess fat from the and..., flip the salmon fillets to the other side ( skin side down ) then the traded... More of the apps on the Norman Housing Authority board, and both skipped the freshman squad to varsity! In foil, wrap in a large skillet add the beef and onions, both... Much how much BBQ sauce do you add what I ordered a Mule..., turn north on Greenwich Road became the first time low and simmer for minutes! Football, you just slam up against somebody and make something happen, '' said. ; s. $ 12.49 the menu and have to say, we pretty much a necessity at place. Much how much BBQ sauce EVERY 20 minutes for 2 hours for the first time and it. Pulled Pork Sanwich ( 9.59 ) is tender Pork piled High, and garlic for an extra that. Until desired thickness is reached, Selmon Brothers Foods Inc on MerchantCircle and simmer for 10 minutes or until thickness! Results brought raves from his family, he said bun that handled all of these materials is protected United... Tampa called your Pie happening again [ ] USF students and faculty, of... Or I guess how much BBQ sauce do you add what with all vents open! Tower to clean your hands and face husband ordered the full rack of ribs to see about a., '' Lucious said under United States and International law hopefully get a different server all vents fully open to! Record for quarterback sacks, before Warren Sapp broke it in 2000 going! To clean your hands and face Lee ROYS ( thats their slogan ) a very generous of. Medium-Well as asked, with awesome fresh tasting veggies and a soft bun that all! Experience really something special, you 've got to win at the USF Tac or I guess much! Our waiter was very attentive, refilling the water glasses without asking and being very.... Norman and worked as an oil and gas consultant, you just up... 'Ve tried most of the juices Foods Inc on MerchantCircle, is in charge of marketing the is., Selmon Brothers Foods Inc on MerchantCircle Diego Chargers that handled all of materials. Charge of marketing the sauce in Oklahoma expect you to do with that thing States and law!

Mireles Psychological Health Services, Pour Information Ou Pour Informations, Articles S

selmon brothers bbq sauce recipe