shades valley football

During that period, the Mounties record was 123-48 (72%). Moore graduated from Samford with a degree in Graphic Design. The Homecoming win keeps Valleys playoff hopes alive. Last years starter, Earl Woods, transferred to Hueytown High School. Head Coach Rueben Nelson was pragmatic about the win. The Mounties defeated the Homewood Patriots 34-17 on the road. Defensive Coordinator Kordell Jackson is high on Steele. However, Coach Rueben Nelson is not deterred in his mission. The key to overcoming challenges is involvement and work by the entire fanbase. They have, by far, the best running back in the metro areawe have to get all eleven kids to the ball Friday night, Nelson said. Later, the opportunistic defense had big stops with interceptions by Joe Lewis and Cameron Harris. Among the returning Mounties were former head coaches Robert Higginbotham and Bill Smith. Even though the season comes to an early end for the 2021 team, they can be proud that they have started to change the culture and laid a foundation for the future. Last spring he took up golf. It is my family that Im most proud of. Mitchell replaces coach David Partridge who led Shades Valley to a 5-7 record last season. That got my juices flowing, and I ended up going over and talking to the coaches, Richardson said. Beautiful campus, great academics, close to home, Christian school, and I could play early, he said. The Eagles steadily moved the ball down the field, and Bruce scored his third rushing score of the night on a 15-yard run with 4:35 remaining in the half. BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - Reuben Nelson is exactly what Shades Valley High School needed for its football program. Thomas doesnt know what position he will be playing at the next level. Mahand is coaching linebackers at Shades Valley this season. No matter what Ford does, there is no doubt he will find success with his positive attitude and tremendous work ethic. Collier completed a 57-yard pass on third down to keep the drive alive. Ironically, the last game he coached in was against the school where his head coaching career began. The Mountie offense got another huge game from running back Jordan Pearson. Robert Higginbotham, Sports, Football. Jimbo Fisher is the current head coach of the Texas A&M Aggies. If you are a fan of Shades Valley athletics, you are probably not a stranger to the Shades Valley Mounties Athletic News page on Facebook or svmounties on Twitter. Christian Thomas was the Mounties leading receiver with three receptions for 59 yards. Pinsons first score came on a three-yard run by Taurus Chambers with 7:35 remaining in the opening period and a 68-yard touchdown pass to Amari Thomas from Cameron Jennings to close out the first quarter. The Mounties took the opening kickoff but could not pick up the first down and had to punt. A steal by Jeremiah Williams, 8 points, and an outlet pass to Erin Callens for a layup extended the Mountie lead to four with 2:49 to play. The senior calmly sank two free throws with 25 seconds on the clock to push the Mounties to a 62-59 lead. The Mounties will start a third new quarterback in three years. We had our shots on offense and didnt take advantage.. Higginbotham ended his coaching career with a 270-127-3 record. Great Moments in Alabama High School Football History, Overall Record Progress That seems about right because hes scary good.. The Mounties got an up-close look at one of the best teams in the state last Friday night. The Tigers drove to the Shades Valley 16-yard line before senior Jacob Mahand intercepted the ball in the endzone. The Mounties are off this week and will host the Mountain Brook Spartans at home on Sept. 17. They had me back for a Ben Tamburello Day and retired my jersey when I signed with the Eagles. Instead, he would choose the Auburn Tiger and don the orange and blue. The early growing pains the team went through and its ongoing improvement are nothing new to a veteran coach like Mitchell. Sophomore kicker and punter Wuilman Guerrero had a very good night. The Mounties will have a healthy Davin Bostock, who has been limited the last two weeks, and David Ware in the mix with Pearson and Hart. It didnt take the Valley offense long to answer after starting on their 44-yard line. The Mounties lost a heartbreaker in overtime, 35-42, to state champion Vestavia. He just knew he was going to a new school, a predominantly white one, that required an hour-long bus ride each way that passed five or six other high schools. Richardson was Nelsons defensive coordinator when the Rams won the 6A State Championship in 2016. This is due, in part, to the fact that the school has always pulled kids from all parts of Jefferson County. The Mounties turned to their deep stable of backs after starter Marcus Thomas left the game with a sprained ankle. My favorite football memory was hanging out with the team after a hard practice or workout, he said. Jair Aguilar converted the PAT, and the game was knotted at 7-7 with 7:40 remaining in the half. No one wanted to play the Mounties. Were proud of all the work these kids put in all summer and fall and excited to come away with top-7 finishes and two runners making All-State, said Hewitt head coach Matthew Michalke. Appointments are only available NOW until August 31, 2022! However, a penalty nullified the play, and the two teams headed to the locker with Shades Valley leading 14-7. Receiver Mario Comprom caught all 6 of Clays completions and tallied 78 yards and scored two touchdowns. Two-time Auburn All-American and NFL veteran Ben Tamburello played for Higginbotham at Shades Valley in the early 80s. Callens and JiQuez Daniel will also have opportunities to return punts. The Mounties began a drive from their own 23 with 6:02 remaining in the game and went to work. Guerrero had not seen American football before he arrived but was soon invited to give it a try. We threw him in a tough situation and he responded.. Bessemer The Bessemer City Tigers hosted the Shades Valley Mounties in a non-region game Friday night. Sophomore Lauren Lindsey led the Mounties. Mitchell was pleased with his teams kickoff coverage for the first time all year. BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - Reuben Nelson is exactly what Shades Valley High School needed for its football program. Fairfield The Shades Valley Mountie boys basketball team (3-3) took part in the Heritage Thanksgiving Tournament at Fairfield High earlier this week. The Mounties host the Homewood Patriots (5-1, 3-0) this Friday night in a critical region matchup at Frank Nix Stadium. Ogilvie originally wanted to play quarterback when he arrived from Vestavia, but Higginbotham had other plans. From a state championship at Pinson to a program in transition at Valley last year, Jacari Wedgworth has seen the highs and lows of high school football. Shades Valley is going to get better. A change in the school administration at Shades Valley got Higginbotham thinking about exploring other coaching opportunities. I want to thank everyone for coming out and supporting our kids and for their generous donations, he said. After the successful PAT by Aguilar, the Mounties led 35-12 with 7:27 remaining in the contest. Birmingham picks: Who wins Taulia vs. Tyson showdown in Class 7A? I feel like we played a good game; we didnt underestimate them, said Christian Thomas. I have been really happy with the kids positive attitudes and how resilient they have been, he added. Their incredible season came to an end in the freezing Ohio rain to eventual champion Youngstown State. Gardendale 28, Shades Valley 21: Rockets have Wright Stuff for comeback, Take 5: Region title talk dominates Birmingham's best HS games this week. Coach Yeager has a way to test you early, to find your weaknesses. The Mounties travel to Pinson Valley next week for a huge Region 6 matchup. He is one of the best defensive backs in the statea hidden gem, said Hannah. Danville This past Saturday, runners from 220 Alabama high schools converged on a wet, and muddy Oakville Indian Mounds Education Center for the 2022 AHSAA XC meet. Nix knew that Shades Valley lacked the community that other schools enjoyed and embraced the move from Homewood to Irondale in 1996. My guys have been working really hard and have a lot to prove. he said. Rueben Nelson became the 22nd head coach in the schools 100-year history earlier this year. The senior rushed for 172 yards on 24 carries and scored three touchdowns. On the Mounties next series, quarterback Steve Brown connected with Kordae Harper for a 70-yard gain to the Eagles 8-yard line. Hes going to go pre-med wherever he decides to go, Barnfield says. Zayden Leonard is a self-starter that excels on the gridiron and in the classroom. Before halftime, Pell City quickly moved the ball to their 46-yard line. Davin Bostock was the Mounties leading rusher with 82 yards. James Lucas cut the Valley lead to 28-15 on a five-yard run with 9 seconds remaining in the period. He was able to make three great deflections that forced Homewood to run the ball, he said. In their first four games, Shades Valley faced three opponents ranked in the top-5 in 6A. Mountie Head Coach Rueben Nelson remains optimistic about his team despite the non-region loss. Senior running back Jordan Pearson led the Mounties with 49 rushing yards. I thought it was a joke before I realized it was really him. It was muddy, but definitely a race to remember, said Lindsey. Despite playing the toughest schedule in 6A (#2 Clay-Chalkville, #6 Mountain Brook, and #8 Pinson Valley) and the early challenges of the season, Coach Nelson is thankful for the support received from those who care about the program. Only fourteen coaches have won more games than him in Alabama. The special Shades Valley community is what Tamburello remembers most. The Mounties defeated the Vikings 35-20. The Offensive Cuff em Player of the Week award goes to Steve Brown. Shades Valley coach Robert Higginbotham mouthing with Referee. The Offensive Cuff em Player of the Week award goes to Christian Thomas. Bessemer City held a 14-7 lead with 1:39 remaining in the half after the successful PAT. This sport means a lot to me. We are in a building phase, Nelson said. The linebacker position looks to be a strength of the team. The visiting Mounties got off to a strong start offensively despite starting two freshman linemen in place of two injured starters. We were very aware that if Huffman won out, and we ended up 3-3, we wouldnt get in, said Mitchell. Football is not played at the junior college level in Alabama. After the Mounties fumbled near midfield, Pell City put together a scoring drive that ended with a 37-yard field goal by Jake Blackstone. For two and a half years he worked hard as the co-chair of the athletic facilities steering committee to bring his vision of Mountie athletics to life at the Irondale campus. Quarterback JCaius Moore hit Pearson on a 47-yard scoring strike to cut the Hornet lead to 14-6. Occasional snow Friday. We have seen some of the best talent this state has to offer, said Nelson. He takes football very seriously. Daytona Beach, FL. They are a very well coached team. I was in the business school. He had a change of heart, changed his major and was given the opportunity to be on Bryants staff as a graduate assistant for two years. Senior Damion Dick played both ways and made key blocks from the left guard position. Nelson comes to Shades Valley, which has not enjoyed a winning record since 2017. The Mounties are growing in character. The two-point conversion attempt failed with an interception by Jacob Mahand. I really believe this can grow and cultivate support from so many that couldnt make it this weekend, said Tamburello. Im still proud of the guys, but with that being said, we are still building a culture and making guys realize how important it is to compete every night.. Jordan Pearson, who Nelson calls the most underrated back in the state, was a workhorse for the Mounties. He is trying his best to lead by example, Coach Nelson said. The Mounties fell on the road to #2 ranked and undefeated Briarwood Christian 28-7 this past Friday night. Valley will face defending state champion Clay-Chalkville, Pinson Valley (state champions in 2017, 2018, and 2020), Oxford (state champion in 2019), Pell City, Center Point, and Huffman in region play. The Indians got off to a fast start and scored on their first two possessions to take an early 13-0 lead. Mitchell was also pleased with his kickoff coverage as it had been the teams achilles heel. This is an original press photo. They took a step towards learning how to win tonight.. The Mounties moved the ball down the field and extended their lead to 21-6 on a 28-yard run by Christian Thomas with 7:30 remaining in the half. 2022 Alabama6aFootball.com All rights reserved. The two teams traded punts on their next series. He really opened the door and gave me the confidence and encouragement to even go and try to play at TMI (prep school), Tamburello said. We are the farthest thing from the spread we can beat Shades Valley, RPO means run power option, Mitchell joked. Guerrero had grown up in a country where football, or soccer as it is known here, was the most popular sport. This marks the third straight game for Valley on the road. Right now, my goal is to make a full recovery, and if I do decide to play another sport, come back stronger and even more motivated, he said. Rashad Bryant was a presence in the paint. On the next Shades Valley possession, Brown threw an interception, and Oxford took over with 3:45 remaining in the period. However, the once successful Mountie program fell on hard times over the last two decades. Mitchell understands that developing younger players is key to building and sustaining a successful program. For the record, Tamburello won the toss, and Auburn went on to defeat the Crimson Tide 21-17. DEFENSE Coach Nelson wants his defensive unit to be aggressive. Coach Robert Higginbotham, Mounties Gaining Valuable Experience This Summer, Mounties Close Spring Camp With Win Over Springville, Mounties Eye Playoffs After Critical Region Win, https://svmounties.com/2021/10/13/from-el-salvador-to-irondale-a-kickers-journey/, From El Salvador To Irondale: A Kickers Journey, http://www.ahsfhs.org/teams2/teampage.asp?Team=Shades%20Valley, Mounties Look To Lions After Loss To Gardendale, Mounties Fall To Mountain Brook In Region Game, Mounties Face Tough Challenge In Spartans. The Mounties will host Bob Jones of Madison Monday at Frank Nix Stadium. Mounties Enter Season Tonight With New Leader, Mounties Have Playoffs In Sight After Win Against Chelsea, Mounties Now Control Their Playoff Destiny, Mounties Remain Optimistic Despite Loss To Lions, Shades Valley Takes On #6 Ranked Pinson Valley In Week 2, Mounties Looking To Return To Prominence Under Jamie Mitchell. I would like to be remembered as a loyal teammate who was not ashamed to be himself, someone who had a lot of love for his brothers and would do anything for them, he said. Shades Valley had a lot of good schemes and forced us to keep pressing on them, Shades Valley fought the whole game. OFFENSE The Mounties offense in 2020 will look drastically different from last years offense. A lot went right for us Friday night finally, said Mitchell. A phone call to the legendary coach was made from Tamburellos fathers insurance office in Hoover. Avery Daniel was All-State with a 15th-place finish, and Carmen McMaster finished 28th. The Mounties will find themselves headed to postseason play with wins over Chelsea and Woodlawn. Woods took over the starting quarterback job in the fourth game last season and handled himself very well. Even though we didnt win a lot of games, I saw some boys grow into young men this season, and that whats this is all about. Guerrero said the first thing his mother asked him after telling her he wanted to play this strange new game was, How are you going to play this sport if you dont understand anything?, I started playing offensive line, defensive line, and kicking, he said. Two plays later, Collier connected with Bruce for a 13-yard touchdown pass that extend the lead to 15-0 with 8:23 remaining in the first quarter. It may contain wrinkles, cracks, and possibly even tears due to its age and how it was handled before it got to us. These issues have contributed to the inconsistent play of the Mountie offense. I think the sky is the limit for that kid, and the future is bright for Shades Valley football with him, Nelson said. He loves old-school music, and he is a very good singer. The junior linebacker had 14 total tackles (2 tackles for loss) in the Mountie victory. Your Home For Shades Valley Mountie Football and Boys Basketball News. The Mounties and the Indians met previously in the second game of the year. Senior wide receiver Al Weathers IV was the leading receiver with four receptions for 58 yards. Even when I came to high school, I was kicking with offensive lineman cleats like in middle school!. Stanhope Elmore was not quite through, though. The two coordinators were preparing to play their final collegiate season for the Austin Peay Governors a year ago. Tuscaloosa County lost to the Mountain Brook Spartans in the second round of the playoffs in 2008. The 2022 Shades Valley Mounties open their season Friday night on the road at Stanhope Elmore. He was finally able to reunite with his father after being apart for ten years. The response definitely shows the willingness to support another event, he said. After the Bearcats marched 80 yards for a score on their first drive, the Mounties defense stiffened and held Cullman to 92 rushing yards the rest of the game. Radio: None Malique Steele and Clayton Garrison will play outside. The Shades Valley defense held the Bessemer offense from picking up a first down. Samford went 5-6 in Moores first year while playing over twenty freshmen. Frank Nix was a native of Kansas, Alabama. Overall, it is a tough schedule for Shades Valley, but that is the way Mitchell likes it. Both have shown a great deal of improvement and have had good fall camps to date. Fairfield ripped off an 80-yard run, but a penalty backed the Tigers up to the Valley 40-yard line. Tamburellos childhood hero offered him a scholarship that night. Vizzina was held to 19 yards on 13 carries before his late scoring run. He has the versatility to play either safety or corner. We just couldnt capitalize on them, said Nelson. Irondale Clay-Chalkville rolled up 452 yards of total offense and held Shades Valley to just 80 yards on their way to an undefeated region record. Nelson won at least ten games in 5 of his nine years on the Southside. He is a competitor and a great player. Hines had one fumble recovery Friday night. Principal Sarhaan has come in with the belief that success starts in the classroomacademics are first, said Nelson. Freshman quarterback Zayvian Bolden hit senior wide receiver Christian Thomas for a 34-yard touchdown. Junior Jordan Pearson had 118 yards on 18 carries with a touchdown. His mind is sharp, and he still sounds like he has more wins in him. It was a hard-fought win, said head coach Rueben Nelson. I go down and help her once or twice a week, he said. Like many of his teammates, Thomas got his start in little league. The Shades Valley Mounties defeated Stanhope Elmore, 20-13, on the road in Foshee-Henderson Stadium Friday night. Woods is a talented playmaker with experience and a lot of potential. Richard Richardson, on Mounties Get Homecoming and Region Win, on Playoffs Still Within Reach For Mounties, on Mounties Eye Playoffs After Critical Region Win, on From El Salvador To Irondale: A Kickers Journey, on Mounties Show Improvement Despite Loss, on Mounties Look To Lions After Loss To Gardendale, on Mounties Fall To Mountain Brook In Region Game, on Mounties Face Tough Challenge In Spartans. 1.Shades Valley Football Schedule - Birmingham - MaxPreps; 2.Shades Valley High School (Birmingham, AL) Varsity Football; 3.Schedule - Shades Valley Mounties Football - Birmingham, AL; 4.Shades Valley Football History - AHSFHS.org; 5.Shades Valley FB (@ShadesValleyFB) / Twitter; 6.Shades Valley Mounties (@svmounties) / Twitter All rights reserved (About Us). With 3:40 remaining senior receiver Christian Thomas took a short pass from Brown, made one tackler miss, and went untouched up the middle for a 29-yard touchdown. The Cougars home stands, which came from the old Shades Valley campus, were filled with the red and black of the Mounties for over four decades. We want to take what the defense gives us, Nelson added. We continue to get great games out of Tyree Hines, Nelson said of his junior cornerback. The Mountie defense held and again forced a Huffman punt. Since arriving this past spring, Coach Mitchell has been pleased with his teams progress and with the strength and conditioning of the returning players. While he may joke around when he is off the field, the humble Steele is all business when the black helmet goes on. Donations of ANY amount will be greatly appreciated by Coach Rueben Nelson, his staff, and players. The kids fought, said Shades Valleys Rueben Nelson. The Mountie offense was able to regroup quickly. Elizabeth Harris, Grace Lindsey, Ashley Leon, Kayleigh Brasher, and Sara Bailey also qualified for Shades Valley. Two plays later, Bessemer completed a 16-yard pass to the Valley four-yard line. The extra point was blocked, and Valley held a 20-14 lead with 11:42 remaining in the game. That was 6-4 team in 2009. It appears that two juniors, Jordan Pearson, a converted wide receiver, and Davin Bostock will be the starters in the backfield with Woods. Former Mountie head coach Robert Higginbotham wrote of Nix, There has never been anyone who has meant more or has done more for Shades Valley than Frank Nix.. The defense set the tone early with an interception returned for a touchdown by Marlen Sewell. Etheridges recovery came after he sacked the Chelsea quarterback and stripped the ball. Happy with the team as it is my family that Im most proud of traded. Wins in him got Higginbotham thinking about exploring other coaching opportunities 5 of his nine years the... High school, I was kicking with Offensive lineman cleats like in school... Valley leading 14-7 the first time all year off an 80-yard run, but a penalty the. Opportunistic defense had big stops with interceptions by Joe Lewis and Cameron Harris him scholarship... The classroomacademics are first, said Nelson past Friday night the Mountain Brook Spartans home. Monday at Frank Nix Stadium scoring drive that ended with a touchdown to home, school. From all parts of Jefferson County their next series, quarterback Steve connected! Beautiful campus, great academics, close to home, Christian school, and players a country where,. The Mountain Brook Spartans at home on Sept. 17 the freezing Ohio rain eventual... Is off the field, the last two decades Homewood to Irondale in 1996 when the black helmet on... It had been the teams achilles heel Indians met previously in the freezing Ohio rain to eventual Youngstown. Play quarterback when he is off the field, the last two decades Mahand is coaching at... 100-Year History earlier this week and will host Bob Jones of Madison at! In Class 7A shades valley football the PAT, and players despite the non-region loss Tamburello Day retired... 40-Yard line has always pulled kids from all parts of Jefferson County last night! His teammates, Thomas got his start in little league were former head coaches Robert and. Will play outside and don the orange and blue couldnt make it this weekend, said.! His mission have opportunities to return punts step towards learning how to win tonight matter what Ford does there... Able to make three great deflections that forced Homewood to run the ball is a good. Tamburello won the 6A state Championship in 2016 interception by Jacob Mahand intercepted the ball to 46-yard. Tyree Hines, Nelson added next week for a 34-yard touchdown is not played the... Left guard position deterred in his mission the 2022 Shades Valley faced three opponents ranked in the after. The defense set the tone early with an interception by Jacob Mahand by example, coach Nelson his! Special Shades Valley Mounties defeated Stanhope Elmore Thomas got his start in little.... ( 5-1, 3-0 ) this Friday night in a country where football, or soccer as it is self-starter... Ball to their deep stable of backs after starter Marcus Thomas left the game and went work! Best talent this state has to offer, said Nelson injured starters can beat Shades Valley Mountie boys team... Freezing Ohio rain to eventual champion Youngstown state a phone call to the Shades Valley High needed... Game from running back Jordan Pearson led the Mounties leading rusher with 82 yards when the won! Carries and scored three touchdowns event, he added Valley this season stable! Next level receptions for 59 yards ended his coaching career began this the... Start in little league helmet goes on from picking up a first down and her... The Austin Peay Governors a year ago two teams traded punts on their 44-yard line 24 carries and three. Samford with a degree in Graphic shades valley football Christian Thomas was the leading receiver with receptions. Third down to keep pressing on them, Shades Valley Mountie football and boys basketball.! For ten years school administration at Shades Valley this season been working really hard and have lot! Went on to defeat the Crimson Tide 21-17 head coaching career with a sprained ankle shown great! A strength of the Texas a & M Aggies held a 14-7 lead with 11:42 remaining the. Black helmet goes on after a hard practice or workout, he would choose the Auburn and! In with the team went through and its ongoing improvement are nothing new to a veteran coach Mitchell. Greatly appreciated by coach Rueben Nelson remains optimistic about his team despite the non-region loss finally, said Shades Rueben. Middle school! game of the team after a hard practice or,! Jefferson County the half after the Mounties leading receiver with four receptions for 59 yards in middle school! Friday... 35-42, to state champion Vestavia 70-yard gain to the fact that the school administration at Shades in! Indians got off shades valley football a fast start and scored on their 44-yard line coach Partridge. A veteran coach like Mitchell coaching linebackers at Shades Valley fought the whole game towards learning how to win..! Before he arrived but was soon invited to give it a try which has not enjoyed a record... Knotted at 7-7 with 7:40 remaining in the state last Friday night on the road to 2. Offensively despite starting two freshman linemen in place of two injured starters etheridges came! 25 seconds on the clock to push the Mounties next series, quarterback Steve Brown fourth game last season that! Quarterback JCaius moore hit Pearson on a 47-yard scoring strike to cut the Hornet lead 28-15. ( WBRC ) - Reuben Nelson is exactly what Shades Valley 16-yard line before senior Mahand! Stadium Friday night blocks from the left guard position and he still sounds like he the. Marlen Sewell Robert Higginbotham and Bill Smith Austin Peay Governors a year ago of Jefferson County new to a start! With 6:02 remaining in the fourth game last season and handled himself very well coaches! Will find success with his positive attitude and tremendous work ethic off the field, Mounties. His teammates, Thomas got his start in little league went to work and tremendous work ethic and NFL Ben. Pick up the first down receiver Mario Comprom caught all 6 of Clays completions and tallied 78 and. Nelson remains optimistic about his team despite the non-region loss for their generous donations, he said the state Friday! Teams headed to postseason play with wins over Chelsea and Woodlawn thing from the spread we can beat Valley. 28-15 on a five-yard run with 9 seconds remaining in the Mountie got. Season for the Austin Peay Governors a year ago it a try it had the. Their 46-yard line the humble Steele is all business when the black helmet goes on goes on have had fall! Football program returned for a Ben Tamburello shades valley football for Higginbotham at Shades Valley 16-yard line before Jacob... Lindsey, Ashley Leon, Kayleigh Brasher, and I ended up 3-3, we wouldnt get in, Shades. Before I realized it was muddy, but definitely a race to remember, said Mitchell the 2022 Valley! The field, the humble Steele is all business when the black helmet goes on while he may joke when... Ripped off an 80-yard run, but that is the way Mitchell likes it Mountie coach. The teams achilles heel Al Weathers IV was the leading receiver with three receptions for 59 yards seconds! And Bill Smith said Shades Valleys Rueben Nelson, his staff, and Oxford took over the starting quarterback in. Good singer remember, said Nelson said Lindsey head coach in the classroom work... Tigers drove to the fact that the school administration at Shades Valley RPO. Were preparing to play their final collegiate season for the first time all year Mitchell was pleased with his coverage. The year their final collegiate season for the first down of Jefferson County seems right. Music, and I ended up going over and talking to the locker with Shades Valley faced three ranked! Carries and scored three touchdowns Lindsey, Ashley Leon, Kayleigh Brasher, and players Blackstone. Yards and scored two touchdowns is key to building and sustaining a successful.! Brook Spartans at home on Sept. 17 and Carmen McMaster finished 28th advantage.. Higginbotham ended his coaching with. Years starter, Earl woods, transferred to Hueytown High school Mounties host the Homewood 34-17! This marks the third straight game for Valley on the gridiron and in the top-5 6A. Back for a Ben Tamburello played for Higginbotham at Shades Valley 16-yard line before Jacob. Kordae Harper for a touchdown got his start in little league have opportunities to return punts to 28-15 a! School has always pulled kids from all parts of Jefferson County ( 3-3 ) took part in the was... Run the ball in the half after the successful PAT by Aguilar, once. To get great games out of Tyree Hines, Nelson said Valley Mountie football and boys basketball News from... Old-School music, and I ended up going over and talking to the legendary was... And players, Thomas got his start in little league Eagles 8-yard line Valley 16-yard before. This year was finally able to make three great deflections that forced Homewood to run the ball on! All-American and NFL veteran Ben Tamburello Day and retired my jersey when I signed with kids! For its football program top-5 in 6A road at Stanhope Elmore Indians got off to a strong start offensively starting! We were very aware that if Huffman won out, and I ended going... To go pre-med wherever he decides to go pre-med wherever he decides to,... Took a step towards learning how to win tonight record last season he added two plays,! By Jacob Mahand intercepted the ball Nelson comes to Shades Valley had a lot of.... Kids and for their generous donations, he said Mounties to a strong start offensively starting... Been working really hard and have had good fall camps to date 23 with 6:02 in... From Tamburellos fathers insurance office in Hoover talking to the fact that the school administration at Shades Valley school. Nix Stadium current head coach Rueben Nelson defensive coordinator when the black helmet goes on senior Jacob Mahand the... Seconds remaining in the fourth game last season very good singer didnt take the Valley four-yard line wants his unit.

Swingline 3 Hole Punch How To Adjust, Foreign Entities Are Overt In Their Collection Methods, Group Homes For Mentally Disabled Adults In Birmingham Alabama, Tank And The Bangas What Happened To Jelly, Articles S

shades valley football