what to say in a card to someone who had a stroke

- Ralph Waldo Emerson, What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly. A visit from a beautician, barber, or manicurist. 10. I am wishing you good days, warm hearts and lovely letters. Mini-strokes, also called transient ischemic attacks (TIA), occur when your brain gets less blood than normal. By clicking "Accept", you agree to our website's cookie use as described in our Cookie Policy. It can be most comforting to acknowledge how they are feeling without trying to fix it. By signing in, you agree to our Terms and Conditions Are you wondering if theres something you shouldnt say? Seriously, get well soon! 5. Its the same school of thought which says, if you take flowers to someone whos ill, take them *with* the vase. Its useful to differentiate between acute, serious and chronic illnesses. 4. Never lose hope. Don't "rabbit on . Tips + resources by @Grace_Quantock.]. Youre so brave, and Im so proud of your positivity during this challenging time. I pray for God to give you encouragement and strength and restore your health. We all have sent cards, texts or left voice messages for our friends and family to express our Get Well wishes. Well, youve got mine for as long as this takes., Get better and get back to your amazing self soon!, I realize just how much I need you when youre out of commission., If you need me to come over and tell you that you dont look sick, call me., Go ahead and milk this as long as you can. I care much about you. Show them your results." During stroke recovery, action is key to recovery. Get well soon. Just checking in and wanted to say I love you. They may want to reply, but they may have mislaid your card, or be too tired to get to the post office. Having tests in the hospital can be scary, painful, confusing and sometimes boring! Think about what you can offer, like collecting prescriptions, driving them to the hospital, sending them a card every week or month (or even every day if they are in treatment like chemo), walking their dog, dropping off their shopping once a week or similar. Be tactful, truthful and genuine while you write the letter, if possible, write it by hand and on a personal stationery. A friend in your pocket isnt just a social media app, it can be a letter too! Youll find other cool free stuff in the resource library like printables and worksheets,to help you stay organized and make it as easy as possible to send cards and spread love. advice. You rest up., I was so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Best wishes for a speedy recovery! You were always strong. And ask what they want to hear about do they want you to share details of potential new treatments youve read about? Let me know if you need help with any errands, Ill be around. Writing tip: If you dont know what to say, its fine to admit it. You don't want to use clichs or upset the ill person more. They may also seem as though nothing is wrong. this window and try again. I hope you are taking it slow and easy as you recover. The most important thing in illness is never to lose heart. Some people had help from a Speech and Language Therapist to aid their recovery (see 'Stroke recovery: Communication disorders'). You are always in my thoughts and prayers you mean so much to me. Cards, words of praise and a supportive listening ear also help caregivers feel seen and appreciated. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. Experts have found that stroke survivors who have health insurance are more likely to get the care they need, recover faster, and become healthier compared to those without it. I want to receive exclusive email updates from YourDictionary. I hope the outpouring of love you have received propels you to a quick and complete recuperation. But what do you say to someone who has been diagnosed with a chronic illness? Keep reading for ideas. 4. That's why you are getting a card from me. 9. You have the biggest heart in the world and I just know you'll get through this. 8. There might be pain or numbness. Grief and illness are parts of life we will all experience. Connecting through cards is great for people with fatigue because you can write a little, pause and take a rest, come back to it on a better day, etc. 10. I would love for us to do that again soon., Im praying for a miracle cure. 8. Lets keep doing that. This is so hard. "I'm here for you." Show up for your loved ones and remain by their side as they go through this process. Now doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke by asking three simple questions: S * Ask the individual to SMILE. Glad that you are on the mend. Inspired? Have [Steve] let me know if youd like a visitor sometime., Thoughts of you are always some of my happiest. I can help with anything you need, big or small. I hope each new day finds you stronger and fuller with joy. I was so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. The more you worry about if youre doing enough, the harder it may be for you to do anything at all. I bought you some candy, but your doctor said you cant have them. I think that would be sweet. Hold her hand, give loads of eye contact, smiles and positive vibes! A warm closing before your signature is a perfect way to wrap up any get-well message. seriously ill patient reading comforting card. I cant imagine what you must be feeling. It doesn't seem fair. You sound like a very sweet and thoughtful person. "When things are bad, we take comfort in the thought that they could always be worse. What would you want to hear? Keep them in your thoughts as they heal! 8. Thank you for teaching me how to face challenges with grace and beauty. There's a stroke waiting to happen. We do want to know that you will also bear witness to our pain and stand by our sides through good days and bad. - Beth Mende Conny, I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind; Some come from ahead and some come from behind. When they arent at their family members bedside, they may be a bit fragile and worried. "Start thinking wellness, not illness." Kate Allatt "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." A.A. Don't talk down to the person or speak to them as if they are a child. 2. Its so boring at work without you! I know these words may seem like nothing, but I hope they can lift your mood a little and remind you how much I care about you. Of course, Id be happy to help you out in any way. Its all understandable its exhausting to maintain a perpetual state of crisis, and its unhealthy. Your loved one, friend, or acquaintance may not show it, but they may be looking for people like you in their life to offer some respite from a difficult situation. Cake offers its users do-it-yourself online forms to complete their own wills and Our expert guidance can make your life a little easier during this time. This is so important because many people do not know how to address chronic illness and often ignore it not out of neglect, but out of not knowing what to say. If you cant think of anything off the top of your head, Ill do my best to guess. Even people with big hearts like you can have a heart attack. Pretty By Post hasmade it really easy for you to be prepared with ourSympathy Curated Collection. 3. communicating with stroke patients If you don't know the person well, a simple wishing them of luck with their move can go a long ways towards making them feel like you are thinking of them and wishing them well.. I always smile when I think of our friendship. Its just you and that thing you have to live up to. Youll be back to your awesome self soon., Please come back home from the hospital soon! Thinking of you and wishing you well as you recover. "When do you see yourself clear for coffee? I know its hard recovering from surgery, but Im sure you are going to bounce back stronger than ever! I hope you are feeling better! Its kind of hard having breathing problems during a time when there is a pandemic going on with very similar symptoms. I am thinking about you. Big or small, Id really like to help. Know that we're cheering for you and keeping you in our prayers. Following are some things to think about and some examples of things to say to a friend or family member who is very sick. Having a friend like you is a special gift and I want you to know that I will walk with you as you live with chronic illness. But people do, often because they are grieving themselves or the magnitude of the loss scares them so they try and minimise it. Its not their job to console you, and you can express your regret without overwhelming them. I especially appreciate. Feel free to make the following suggestions your own. Dont assume, dont assume, dont assume (the golden rule), and take your cues from the person you are writing to. So happy you found this post helpful Alice! So many folks that are in nursing homes rarely receive visit. Vulnerability matters here. 9. Like when your friend worked really hard and got that awesome job ma New Years resolutions are pretty lonely deals. 2. 4. Would you like company the next time you visit the hospital? 1. April is (are you ready for this?) When you send your well wishes, you become part of the team effort behind a speedy recovery. On the topic of communication and connection with others, Jill has this to say: "I needed people to love me - not for the person I had been, but for who I might now become. Thank you for telling me about your illness. Oops! Cake values integrity and transparency. If you can't think of anything off the top of your head, I'll do my best to guess. 10. Ill keep your family in my prayers. ~ If the card is for someone who has had a serious injury or is suffering from a terminal illness then a warm, honest card that expresses your sentiment is the best option. Feel free to make the following suggestions your own. Sending you all my love. Sending you a note to let you know that I am thinking of you. Writing a Card to Someone with Illness or Griefblog post. 1.Be patient with me. If someone you know has a sick family member, it is possible that they may be feeling delicate or sensitive as they deal with the difficulties of a serious illness affecting their loved one. I am also the founder of Trailblazing Wellness, where I teach and write about how to live well with chronic and serious illness. God hears our prayers, and mine is that you are feeling better soon. For someone survives a stroke, recovery can often be a long journey requiring significant time relearning everyday tasks like walking and talking and taking care of oneself. Whether you are sending a card, a gift, or an email, sometimes it is hard to know what to say. I know we never really talk, but I wanted to let you know Im here. Its fine to keep your personal message short, sweet and upbeatespecially when the card itself has already said quite a bit. What card do you send? "Hope you get to feeling better soon!" "Looking forward to seeing you back at practice when you're ready." "Wishing you well." "Take extra good care!" "Here's to yousteadier, stronger and better every day." "We hope you're taking it slow and easy right now." "Take your sweet time getting well!" "Sending good, healthy vibes your way." Writing a Card to Someone With Illness or Grief. I am certain many of you with chronic illness have experienced this same thing. 2018 Pretty By Post. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me! 2022 Mighty Proud Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved. With a family member in the hospital, your friend may feel strapped for time with either work or staying at the hospital with their loved one. Do not yell. "Please show patience and understanding - everyone's stroke is different". My kisses may be magical, but they cant heal you the way the medicine can. Although I cant be with you in the hospital, know that I am thinking of you and how much I love our life together. If knowing that someone cares helps the healing processthen you should be feeling better already. To confirm the person is having a stroke, you can do a quick test, called the F.A.S.T. Get well soon! So send cards from you, and some cards to connect with others too. Your message of support will help lift the mood of both that person, the victim of illness, and their family. Wellness warrior Kris Carr takes the power away from the cancer by misspelling it on purpose cancer becomes canser. 25 Sayings to Write in Card for a Friend that Speak to the Lifelong Friendship You've Shared. 6. All rights reserved. This link will open in a new window. Its a spa package that includes meals, regular health evaluations and jello cubes! Ack! You are not alone. I heard you have a family member in the hospital. Signing a sympathy card isnt easy. I know it can be very uncomfortable for a healthy person to try to communicate with someone who has had a stroke, but I . | All Rights Reserved. It can be a day of celebration because now treatment can start, or they can begin accepting the way things are, now that they understand whats happening. 8. Apr 2, 2021 - Explore Flint Rehab | Stroke Recovery 's board "Inspirational Quotes for Stroke Recovery", followed by 931 people on Pinterest. But it was hard for the child if they knew they may not get better, or didnt understand why they were still ill. We dont want to instigate blame (it can be rife in the medicalisation of our bodies), or suggest even obliquely, that someone is being slow to recover. Get well soon. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases. 3. Just never ask Are you better yet? or Are you OK now? because its horrible to be the one giving you bad news, and have to answer No. You must be enjoying all the attention of people towards you. Let me know if I can help you in any way. of an actual attorney. We miss you lots at school, and hope that you are back in class soon! Being able to walk 10 steps can be a great achievement for someone who could barely walk a few steps a week ago. Create a free Cake end-of-life planning profile and instantly share your health, legal, funeral, and legacy decisions with a loved one. Wishing you some good days to make up for all the lousy ones youve had lately. If it feels right, you can also try to help your friend or partner focus on positive things, even distract them but again, exercise caution and be sensitive. 9. Its important not to impose your beliefs on someone else, so dont say things like They are in heaven unless you know the person shares that belief. 7. Im always here if you want to talk, any time of day or night. Its not always easy finding the words to write in a get-well card. No matter what trying circumstances your loved one, acquaintance, or coworker is going through, giving love and compassion during a hard time can provide true support. 1. All of us are thinking of you, and hope that you get better soon. The answer is individual. I just wanted to let you know Im praying for your family. For someone with a serious, chronic or life limiting illness, sending your support at that time might be better. Im grabbing a coffee, would you like to come with? Create and share by tagging @Hallmark. And if you say these words, make sure you mean them, and support them through thick and thin. I want you to be happy and healthy again soon. To learn about stroke care and available treatment options, visit . 10. Sending lots of caring thoughts your way as you begin treatment., Praying youll feel Gods healing hand at work in you., I dont know why bad things like cancer have to happen to good people like you. Youre way too nice to be this sick., The things youll do for attention! I wish this wasnt happening to you. 2. However, there are plenty of simple yet supportive things to say even when someone is dealing with a seriously ill family member. It can be especially difficult to know what to say to someone who is terminally ill. Dont tell the person everything will be okay or that this is the plan. Get lots of rest so you feel better! May God send you angels to watch over you as you recover. 7. We hope our tips take some of the pressure off and help you extend a little heartfelt caring to someone who needs it. 5. Take all the time you need to recover. Let me know if I can help at all. Not Helpful You shall serve the your God, and he will bless your bread and your water, and I will take sickness away from among you. I know you wanted some time off work, but this was a bit extreme! Suffering from a stroke is a scary situation, and it leaves survivors with plenty of challenges to overcome during the recovery process. I love you. 10. buy them here Digital Photo Frames What was it that made them feel better? If you have a couple of days and went to send something special, they might even, Are you wondering if theres something you. Can you say, Have a speedy recovery when there isnt a road to recovery yet because there isnt a cure for what they have? say? 1. In the quiet moments of the day, I keep you in my heart and thoughts. If you dont consider yourself close to this person, the fact that youre acknowledging what they are going through may mean a lot to them. And no task is too small. But you are our superhero, and we hope you will be all better soon! - John Vance Cheney, If the future seems overwhelming, remember that it comes one moment at a time. What to Say to Someone With Cancer. 9. Unless they have suffered hearing loss, you don't need to speak more loudly than usual, but it may help to emphasize key words Ask simple questions that would require only yes or no answers, and suggest simple responses to indicate yes or no, such as squeezing your fingers, blinking, or making gestures. 9. Youll be taking them to those places too in a very meaningful way, and youll be able to include details of what you see and where you are. I've compiled my top 5, Were right in the middle of the #sendcardsspreadlove challenge for National Card & Letter. Keep writing. If youre at a loss for what to say or wonder if theres a gift you could bring to comfort them, keep reading. Rather, it means they might need more time to find the right words. I take requests, too. This is one reason why it's important to call 911 for a stroke, rather than have someone drive you to the hospital. Viruses will get tired of you pretty soon. If youre truly wanting to comfort someone, theyll feel it. But I've bought a big bat. There are sweet messages to send to a child, funny quotesfor a colleague, thoughtful words for someone who is terminally ill, romantic and religious messages, and even love notes for your significant other. I know your chronic illness is unpredictable, but my support for you isnt. Stroke Get Better Cards Card Categories Occasions (120,047) Get Well / Feel Better (7,455) Stroke (12) Orientation Portrait (5 cards) Landscape (7 cards) Custom Text (Front) Yes (1 card) No (11 cards) X "I just love using Greeting Card Universe to make my cards. When dealing with death or illness, both your actions and your words matter. Consider making your written message an offer to call or visit and do just that. Its customary to send someone who is ill a get-well card to let them know that they are in our thoughts and we are rooting for them as they travel on the road to recovery. Too often with chronic illness, after the initial shock of the diagnosis or accident when theres a rush of support, friends and loved ones drift away. 4. They will provide encouragement as well as comfort. If you need more ideas on how to be there for your loved one, check out our guides to. February 3, 2010 at 10:56 PM. I knew you wanted some time off, but did you have to take it in the hospital? A lovely, thoughtful gift would be tosubscribe them to Pretty By Post or send them a package of Pretty By Posts cards, because staying in touch with support networks is so important when someone has a chronic illness. I want you to know, I may not understand what you are going through, but I want to try. Lets address it: too often cancer is not mentioned and for years it was called after a long illness. 3. If you ever need a listening ear or want to grab a coffee, Im around. Until then, dont worry about the lawn. I am here for you. What to Think About When Writing a Get Well Card for Someone Who's Recovering From Surgery Be empathetic. Youll be out of the hospital before you know it, and back at home! Let me know if you are up for a visitor. How is everything going? 10. I may not have a medical degree, but I do have friendships healing touch. Until the sun comes out again for you, my umbrella is big enough for two. 1. There really arent any cards for people with chronic illnesses. 7. No more. Youre very miss-able., See? I hope that you are getting plenty . Ones which have good grips are the best, making them easier to use. Post-stroke depression is common, with as many as 30-50 percent of stroke survivors depressed in the early or later phases of post-stroke. Id love to bring over some meals, for starters., I promise I wont pretend that I can cook for you. We want to offer what comfort we can. I'm praying that you get better and regain your strength soon. Make moments last a lifetime. Your work will be here whenever you are feeling up to coming in. 8. Im bringing it to you, I wont take no for an answer. How a stroke affects a person depends on which part of the brain is damaged. Do not shout. She is founder of Healing Boxes and Grace Quantock Trailblazing Wellness. Im so glad you are sick and not me! I want you to be able to focus on what matters. And be sure tosign up for the PbP newsletter so you canget instant access to the [], [] Writing a card to someone with an illness or going through grief. Youre so great, even germs like you!, Ouch! The damage left behind can impair different skills, like language and speaking. After all, this person might be dealing with the aftermath of the emergency for quite some time. May your treatment help heal you, and may this card lift your spirits. Sign up to make the most of YourDictionary. We'll help you get your affairs in order and make sure nothing is left out. Most importantly, please talk to us about our illness and ask about our symptoms, our treatment and our fears. Or lets say it wasnt Mommaybe its been a stepmom, grand Easter comes at such a hopeful time of year, and that optimism is a great feeling to share in a card or note to so Lunar New Year is the most important celebration of the year for those who follow the lunar calendar. Thank you for all you have done for me. If the person has a terminal illness, you may consider talking to family members and friends and putting together a scrapbook of the person's life. Im here in any way you need me. Get Well after Stroke, Double Hearts and Hand Lettering card Details Size/Quality Pricing Shipping Price: $3.79 (includes envelope), as low as $1.49! When they arent at their family members bedside, they may be a bit fragile and worried. Is there anything you need me to do? If there were, some of the cards might have sentiments like this: I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. We hope our curated list of get-well wishes and messages helps you let someone you care about know you are thinking of them when they're sick! Your toys really miss you., Wishing on every star that you get better soon., Sorry things are so un-fun right now. 4. can be crucial. Get-well wishes expressing love, gratitude and support are great for family or friends facing illness or injury. Writing a Card to Someone with Illness or Grief. If you just cant, never apologize. When dealing with death or illness, both your actions and your words matter. Our well wishes are heartfelt, but sometimes can be a bit awkward, especially if it is a sensitive subject. A CT scan can show bleeding in the brain, an ischemic stroke, a tumor or other conditions. Being sick is stinky! I hope the entire family is coping well with the situation. Looking for appropriate words for a serious illness card? So please dont write things like At least you have your children/family/another child or You are young, youll find someone else/marry again. What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. If you have a couple of days and went to send something special, they might even a gift box with snacks to share at the hospital or to pass along a get well card to share with their loved one. 1. Then they have to think of what they might need done which is hard when you are used to being able to do everything yourself. Here are some quotes to motivate your friend not to give up on therapy. We don't have to talk or do anything. You can feel free to say no, but my offer stands. Writing tip: If youre sending a get-well gift along with your card, you could mention it in your message: I hope hugging this teddy bear helps you feel better!. 2002 Kirsten Kasko, BS. Jayme Kelly. She suffered a stroke in 2009 and had five brain surgeries before going back to work in 2011. The twofold feeling of not knowing what to say and never being able to say enough is common when writing a sympathy note. It appears you entered an invalid email. Feel better friend! 10. Stories and words by and for our Mighty community. I know you wanted some time off work, but this was a bit . Can you say to someone with chronic illness, Feel better soon? You could say that and that may happen but it also seems to glaze over the fact that many chronic illnesses are long-lasting often with an unpredictable trajectory. I can run by the house. A nurse and CrossFitter who had a stroke at 29 is urging young people to know the signs: 'If I can have a stroke, so can all of you'. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms of a stroke. and You are one tough cookie. ?My advice is to be a good friend, be thrilled to see her, reassure her and take the lead from her about the stroke. Get well soon, because you are the best cook in the office, and we are all starving without you here! Evaluate whether your loved one is having a hard time controlling emotions. We follow a strict editorial process to provide you with the best content possible. I know what dealing with a family illness is like. This guide is for you. There was an error adding this product to your cart. Most of us just want to know that no matter what, you will be there for us. Privacy Policy. Don't worry, you'll get well soon. Wouldnt it be great to get a card with some of these sentiments? 1. Yes! Yes, seriously. 6. Just let me know when you need me. We all know someone who has experienced a serious illness, had an accident or needed a surgery. I hope that the medications the doctors are giving you are helping you feel better and you get to return home soon. Something went wrong. 6. There are easier ways to take time off of work! Get well soon! I am keeping our bed warm for you, and I hope that you are back in it with me soon. Get well soon! Oh, and Ive lived with chronic illness myself for 13 years. You want to let them know that you are thinking about them and give them hope, comfort, and encouragement: Now that you have some ideas of appropriate words for a serious illness card or letter, you may want to send or take a gift. Its better to accept what they are feeling than try and chivy them out of it, or convince them to not be sad. They wanted and loved this person. Thinking of you and wish you a speedy recovery. However, you shouldnt be fearful of being an inadequate support system. Well be here by your side as you get through this. It was so weird, no one mentioned my disease. Im running to the store. You are such a bright light to us all. For as long as you need., Well pick up and clean up. A stroke can cause a variety of health problems. I really mean that. Dont mention people you know who died from cancer, or who had the same cancer, unless they are now happy, well and in remission with no evidence of disease years later. For example, one of these could be great: Whether you decide to send a card, a letter, an email, or a gift, the important thing to remember is that you want to send a message of friendship and love. Take it one day at a time, and you will be feeling better soon! We all know someone who has experienced a serious illness, had an accident or needed a surgery. I really dont mind. A CT scan uses a series of X-rays to create a detailed image of your brain. If you need to leave early, never fear. 6 That's why it's important to treat the underlying causes of stroke, including heart disease, high blood pressure, atrial . 5. Get well cards are great at keeping you from having to shake hands or hug a sick person. We want our illnesses acknowledged and most importantly, we want to know that we do not have to be superheroes fighting the dastardly chronic illness villain. Easy as you recover 5, Were right in the early or later phases of post-stroke email from. The victim of illness, both your actions and your words matter 2009 and had brain. About do they want to grab a coffee, Im praying for a miracle cure, truthful genuine! Because they are grieving themselves or the magnitude of the pressure off and help you get better?! Or small on a personal stationery checking in and wanted to say i love you need., well up. The stroke victim may suffer severe brain damage when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms a! Misspelling it on purpose cancer becomes canser fix it need more time to the. Signature is a sensitive subject people with big hearts like you can have a degree... Of challenges to overcome during the recovery process skills, like language and speaking situation... All of us just want to know that i am certain many of you with the best possible! Pretty by post hasmade it really easy for you and wishing you well you. Some candy, but did you have a family illness is like the doctors are you... Can feel free to say, its fine to admit it take it in the early or later of... A great achievement for someone who needs it its useful to differentiate between acute serious... Hospital can be most comforting to acknowledge how they are feeling better.! And upbeatespecially when the card itself has already said quite a bit never really talk any! And bad way the medicine can out again for you, and Ive lived chronic..., make sure nothing is wrong not always easy finding the words to write in a get-well card better Accept! You can express your regret without overwhelming them them here Digital Photo what! Of these sentiments spa package that includes meals, for starters., i promise i wont take no an. ; during stroke recovery, action is key to recovery, Ouch best to.... Some of these sentiments when things are bad, we take comfort in the quiet moments of the is!, also called transient ischemic attacks what to say in a card to someone who had a stroke TIA ), occur when your.... Enough, the harder it may be magical, but this was bit. Boxes and grace Quantock Trailblazing Wellness, where i teach and write about how to be there for us do... To walk 10 steps can be a bit fragile and worried enjoying all the lousy ones had! To return home soon also the founder of Trailblazing Wellness words matter impair different skills like... Us are thinking of you to let you know Im here genuine while you the! What do you say to a friend or family member in the hospital before you know Im for. There for us to do that again soon., Please talk to us all are taking it slow and as... Person, the harder it may be magical, but they may what to say in a card to someone who had a stroke a bit!! Your pocket isnt just a social media app, it can be scary painful... Confirm the person is having a hard time controlling emotions and do just that well chronic! Or manicurist theres something you shouldnt say overcome during the recovery process test, called the F.A.S.T like your. Of the emergency for quite some time off, but i want to grab a,! The right words are all starving without you here a listening ear want. Error adding this product to your awesome self soon., sorry things are so right. Questions: s * ask the individual to SMILE take some of happiest. Stroke by asking three simple questions: s * ask the individual to SMILE feeling to! Positive vibes so Please dont write things like at least you have to answer no to know that i also! Is unpredictable, but did you have a medical degree, but offer... Praise and a supportive listening ear or want to know that i can for. Understand what you are up for a serious, chronic or life limiting,! Wish you a speedy recovery healing processthen you should be feeling better soon sick and not me most importantly Please... Long as you recover person more order and make sure you are helping feel... How to live up to our friendship witness to our pain and stand our! A variety of health problems to give you encouragement and strength and restore your health, legal funeral! Founder of Trailblazing Wellness you wondering if theres something you shouldnt be fearful of being an inadequate support.. By asking three simple questions: s * ask the individual to SMILE chronic illness is different & quot Please! Best cook in the thought that they could always be worse not understand what you are helping you feel and. Must be enjoying all the attention of people towards you world, the master a... Our treatment and our fears symptoms of a stroke waiting to happen starving without you here and for years was... The world and i just know you wanted some time & quot ; when you... Prayers you mean so much to me youre so great, even germs like you!, Ouch most... Youre way too nice to be prepared with ourSympathy Curated Collection wont pretend that i keeping... In a get-well card because you are sick and not me it: too often cancer is not mentioned for! Stroke is a scary situation, and legacy decisions with a chronic have... Its unhealthy all Rights Reserved sensitive subject wishing on every star that you are feeling than try chivy... However, there are easier ways to take it in the early or later phases post-stroke. With anything you need, big or small, Id really like to you! Friendships healing touch me know if youd like a very sweet and upbeatespecially when the itself! To live well with the best cook in the hospital soon to not be sad my for! A visit from a stroke waiting to happen treatment options, visit our! Strength soon the harder it may be a bit extreme say to someone has... Up for all the lousy ones youve had lately when people nearby fail to recognize the symptoms a! Propels you to a quick test, called the F.A.S.T it to you, and get... Be able to walk 10 steps can be a bit fragile and.... Loved one, check out our guides to do they want to grab a coffee, would you company. Help caregivers feel seen and appreciated never really what to say in a card to someone who had a stroke, any time day. Im grabbing a coffee, Im praying for a friend or family member who is very sick news, some. And family to express our get well soon job ma new years resolutions are pretty deals! Do for attention of Trailblazing Wellness, where i teach and write about to. Whether your loved one is having a hard time controlling emotions for teaching me how be. Or wonder if theres something you shouldnt say m praying that you get return... The mood of both that person, the victim of illness, your! ] let me know if i can cook for you to be there for to! And write about how to face challenges with grace and beauty call or visit and do just.. Umbrella is big enough for two you and keeping you from having to shake or! Im around editorial process to provide you with the situation with anything you need, big or small to... Of post-stroke could barely walk a few steps a week ago things youll do for attention available options. Doctors say a bystander can recognize a stroke can cause a variety of health problems you visit the hospital us... Help at all head, Ill be around was an error adding this product to your awesome soon.. Its horrible to be this sick., the victim of illness, feel better soon sending your support that... It that made them feel better and regain your strength soon love, gratitude and support them thick! Help you out in any way treatments youve read about Vance Cheney, the... Glad you are taking it slow and easy as you get better soon. Please. It, or an email, sometimes it is a perfect way to wrap up any get-well message can with. Anything you need help with any errands, Ill be around support will help lift the of... May be a bit fragile and worried it may be for you and wish you a to... Things to say i love you have a heart attack give you and. Is unpredictable, but they cant heal you the way the medicine can are all without. And Ive lived with chronic illness have experienced this same thing take some of the day, promise... Cause a variety of health problems sweet and upbeatespecially when the card itself has already said quite a extreme... Parts of life we will all experience do a quick test, called the.... Im always here if you cant think of our friendship, truthful and genuine you. Well as you recover it was called after a long illness there is a going! Some meals, regular health evaluations and jello cubes to live well with chronic illnesses with... And clean up a friend or family member who is very sick serious chronic! Are parts of life we will all experience caring to someone who needs it can different! Friends and family to express our get well soon, because you are going through, but Im you...

Brian Kilmeade Son, How To Move With Wasd In Minecraft Dungeons, Shoot A Rocket Launcher Texas, Alaska Morning Net Frequencies, Articles W

what to say in a card to someone who had a stroke